GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Me!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/01/03 at 20:44
Regular
I can't play new games on my ps2! it plays older games and ps1 games up untill FF10 then nothin else works on it what should i do other than buy a new one
Sun 02/02/03 at 17:59
Regular
"thursdayton!"
And you wonder why Sony sells more consoles.
And dont moan that this is a one off case, I've heard of loads of people whose PS2s have mucked up.
Sat 01/02/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Lrynsuha (Al Bhed)"
Well i've phoned sony b4 but they say that they will ring back but never do.
Sat 01/02/03 at 02:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I sometimes get disc read errors with Frequency. I found that by turning off the PS2 or putting a different game in to let it load up, then resetting the console and putting Frequency back in it would work again.

If you get disc read errors all the time with PS2 games, and you've made sure your PS2 discs are clean (by using Official Sony Disc Wipes or another non-alcohol based disc cleaning system), and they're working OK on someone elses PS2, then there's a problem with your console.

In that case get in touch with Sony Europe Consumer Services, you can either do this by ringing them up on 08705 99 88 77, or getting in touch with them through the support section of the Official Sony website at http://uk.playstation.com.

If your console is out of warranty and busted, I've heard they send you a brand new one for £65 if you return your old one. (I've only heard this, I'd be interested to hear if you get the same deal because my console is getting old too).
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Maybe something wrong with the laser? Give us the name of the games that dont work.
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:22
Regular
"Lrynsuha (Al Bhed)"
the disks are not scratched
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:36
"For the horde!!!!"
could it be the disks are scratched?
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:48
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
2 options:
Buy a new one
OR
Send your PS2 in for repairing
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Lrynsuha (Al Bhed)"
well when you put in a new game it goes into into the memory card and disk select screen and then it loads for two minutes and then it says DISK READ ERROR
Fri 31/01/03 at 20:57
"period drama"
Why didn't you say so then?
Gah!

Sooo, what, it just packed up? It's not broken if it still plays PSX games. Explain everything to me.
Fri 31/01/03 at 20:54
Regular
"Lrynsuha (Al Bhed)"
I can't the warrantee is up i've had it for 2yrs

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.