GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sat 01/02/03 at 08:55
Regular
I've had this game since christmas and I'm playing with my fifth character, i haven't completed it I just getting a feel for who i should play as. My question is, where is everyone in the game???
For example level, guild positions, armour and weaponry and even gold if you want, because i'm trying to judge whether i'm playing the game well enough or whether i should up the ante.
Sat 01/02/03 at 08:55
Regular
I've had this game since christmas and I'm playing with my fifth character, i haven't completed it I just getting a feel for who i should play as. My question is, where is everyone in the game???
For example level, guild positions, armour and weaponry and even gold if you want, because i'm trying to judge whether i'm playing the game well enough or whether i should up the ante.
Sat 01/02/03 at 09:17
Regular
guyks wrote:
> I've had this game since christmas and I'm playing with my fifth
> character, i haven't completed it I just getting a feel for who i
> should play as. My question is, where is everyone in the game???
> For example level, guild positions, armour and weaponry and even gold
> if you want, because i'm trying to judge whether i'm playing the game
> well enough or whether i should up the ante.

I'm a level 50 something Redguard.
I've completed all the quests in the Thieves, Mages, Temple, Imperial Cult, Morag Tong Guilds.
I've finished the Nerevarine Prophecies - I am now Nerevar, so I've finished the main quest of the game.
Because I've defeated Dagoth Ur, I have all the most powerful weapons in the game.
My character is an expert in all forms of magic, especially conjuration, but I can do most things like water-walk, levitate, breath under water, invisibility by just casting a spell.

I now just look at the map, pick a place to go, and explore.
Sat 01/02/03 at 22:57
"For the horde!!!!"
yeah i have started a few because i just wasn't happy with the set up.
Sat 01/02/03 at 23:34
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Any tips on how to create a character which is good at magic but also with skills good enough for being a part-time thief?

At the moment i am a level 8 Breton who is sign of the Shadow, and am not greatly pleased with the situation i am in as i have wiped out the entire popluation of certain clubs/ factions and i have gotten myself in a bit of trouble to say the least, but have never actually been arrested.

But i want to create a character good with magic and sneaking/security skills.

At the beginning which race, star sign etc should i merge to create a magician/thief character?

would appreciate feedback, thanks.
Sat 01/02/03 at 23:51
Regular
az_00_uk wrote:
> At the beginning which race, star sign etc should i merge to create a
> magician/thief character?

At the beginning of the game when the guy asks you questions about who you are, choose the create your own stats option.

If you want to be a mage/thief I'd say:

MAJOR SKILLS
Security
Conjuration
Light Armour or Unarmoured
Blunt Weapon or Short Blade
Sneak

MINOR SKILLS
Marksman
Destruction
Athletics
Acrobatics
Block

Something like that. But it's up to you. Just create the character you want to be. If you want to be good at summoning phantoms to aid you in combat then choose Conjuration as a major skill. If you want to be a dead-eye with a bow then chose Marksman as a major skill, etc, etc.

The Shadow birth-sign is very useful for a mage/thief. I chose that one.
Sun 02/02/03 at 00:10
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Thanks Nomad, that helps, i will create a new character and try to base its major and minor skills upon those. With my current character i have to get stuck in with attacks and actually stab people up etc, i would much prefer to be able to wave my hands around and dispose of enemies with magical methods and minimal effort. In Balmora i once stole a gem from the mages guild worth 60,000 and was killed instantly by the lady standing right next to me who effortlessly zapped me in one fell swoosh. This is what i would like to be able to do as well as being able to pick-pocket, lock-pick. So major skills would be sneak, security and perhaps conjuration, mysticism etc?

Cheers.
Sun 02/02/03 at 00:21
Regular
It takes a while to build your skill levels up to a decent level, so while you're doing that, I'd try to steal/buy some useful magical items like rings/amulets which can summon creatures or allow you to levitate.

Mysticism is good for teleportation spells, and Alteration is good for stuff like water-walking.

It's always useful to be good at one combat skill though, and as a mage choosing Blunt Weapon is probably the best - so if you get cornered you can always beat 'em up with a staff.
Sun 02/02/03 at 00:29
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Cheers, what exactly does levitating do apart from levitating? Does it actually benefit you in any other way?

Also do you know anything about all the spells and things, when you do stuff to certain objects, also about the calcinator and alembic and stuff? Also, the different types of plant and things e.g. gold kanet, mushrooms, fungus and other plant type things which i cant remember, i used to have a lot of planty things which i did nothing with, just interested in what they can be used for. i once tried eating them but to no effect.
Sun 02/02/03 at 00:37
Regular
az_00_uk wrote:
> Cheers, what exactly does levitating do apart from levitating? Does it
> actually benefit you in any other way?

It helps you take short-cuts over mountains and generally helps you reach high places that you can't normally get to. ["Rising Force potion" will also do this].

> also about the calcinator and alembic and
> stuff? Also, the different types of plant and things

This is all to do with Alchemy. I've never bothered with Alchemy, so I don't know much about it. But generally you can combine herbs, flowers and stuff in the calcinator and alembic and create potions. That's all I know.
Sun 02/02/03 at 13:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Nomad $oul wrote:
> If you want to be a mage/thief I'd say:
>
> MAJOR SKILLS
> Security
> Conjuration
> Light Armour or Unarmoured
> Blunt Weapon or Short Blade
> Sneak
>
> MINOR SKILLS
> Marksman
> Destruction
> Athletics
> Acrobatics
> Block

I'd make that list a little different myself.

I'd say that for a mage/thief, you'll want Illusion, Alteration, Mysticism, and Sneak as primary skills, and get rid of Security and Acrobatics completely.

Here's my reasoning...

The only things you can possibly use security for are picking locks and disarming traps. A character with a security of five can still disarm traps, making security only really useful for lock picking - which is a waste of time when you can use alteration magic to do it instead. Additionally, you'll have levitation, water breathing and all sorts of other useful things you can do with the skill. If you have levitation, you won't need acrobatics either - two birds with one stone.

You'll want mysticism because telekenisis is an incredibly useful skill for any thief, and illusion because chameleon spells are THE most useful thieveing aid there is by a mile.

After that lot you'll need some kind of attack and defense, so probably light armour and either destruction or marksmanship, or whatever else you prefer to use.

> The Shadow birth-sign is very useful for a mage/thief. I chose that
> one.

I always tend to pick 'The Lady' myself. The +25 endurance means you'll be getting roughly an extra +3 health on top of what you normally would every time you level up - and seeing as health can't be maxed out,I can never bring myself to choose any other birth sign now :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.