GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sat 01/02/03 at 08:55
Regular
I've had this game since christmas and I'm playing with my fifth character, i haven't completed it I just getting a feel for who i should play as. My question is, where is everyone in the game???
For example level, guild positions, armour and weaponry and even gold if you want, because i'm trying to judge whether i'm playing the game well enough or whether i should up the ante.
Tue 04/02/03 at 13:29
"For the horde!!!!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Cheers Shadow Knight, I am a very big fan of Deus EX on the PC so I
> think I will go for the rental and see how it plays.

your welcome both Deus ex and Morrowind are great games
Mon 03/02/03 at 13:33
Regular
Currently i'm a Level 5 Argonian Spellswold.

I'm in Vivec just doing some jobs at the moment.
Mon 03/02/03 at 09:23
Regular
Cheers Shadow Knight, I am a very big fan of Deus EX on the PC so I think I will go for the rental and see how it plays.
Mon 03/02/03 at 08:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
That's why I prefer to make an item which does it instead.

It might cost you quite a bit of cash to make a ring which summons Golden Saints for 10 seconds or therabouts, but capture one and you can sell it and get your money back straight away anyway.

It's also a very useful way to get all your cash back after getting someone to make you a 60k enchanted 'Amulet Of Thievery'...
Mon 03/02/03 at 08:47
Regular
Ascended Sleeper - cheers.

I've got a 'summon Golden Saint spell' but I can't summon it. My Conjuration level is about 75, I can summon most creatures [with spells], but not Golden Saints. I'm aware that I can summon a creature myself and capture it in a gem.
Mon 03/02/03 at 08:40
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Ascended Sleeper - that's the big, slow thing with what looks like an elenphants trunk on it.

A nice trick is to create an enchanted item which will summon Golden Saints, and then kill them and take thier soul. You can also take their equipment if you're quick about it, but this sometimes crashes the game.
Mon 03/02/03 at 08:35
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> For my last thief character, I made a custom 'Amulet of thievery'.
>
> It was a 'cast on use' enchantment which gave 100% chameleon for 20
> seconds, as well as telekenesis for 50 feet. Cost me something
> ridiculous like 60k to make. Worth it though.
>
> If I can see something, I can steal it :)

Woah, that's a cool magical item. If I can build up enough gold, I might try to create that myself.

At the moment I'm buying a few custom spells. I've just created a spell which I named "Doppelganger" - it allows me to summon a Clannfear & a Hunger simultaneously.

Just out of interest: what other soul-trapped creatures apart from a Golden Saint allows you to create an enchanted item with "constant effect"? [I think you mentioned once that there are two.]
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:33
"For the horde!!!!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> At the moment I am contemplating whether or not to purchase this
> game?! After reading reviews, listening to people talk about it and
> seeing the game running I still can't make up my mind. I have a
> feeling that when I get the game I will be so over come with the sheer
> size of it that I won't know where to turn or what to do. I aren't a
> fan of magic and I wasn't too keen on Buldurs gate, is the game
> anything like Buldurs Gate but in 3D? I would love to purchase this
> game but I just can't decide if it is worth it or not. Any information
> would be greatly apprecaited, thanks.

an whole island to explore (big at that).
If you are not sure and you have an Xbox rent it.
It's a bit like Buldurs gate in the way that it's a fantasy theme type game and you have to rest to recover your health and mana (if you have no potions) there is also a reputation stat that can be increased overtime.

It plays just like deux ex on the PC with interactive objects and realtime firstperson RPG gameplay.
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:07
Regular
From someone who wants an X-Box in the future, Morrowind looks like the best game available. Easily.
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:42
"For the horde!!!!"
az_00_uk wrote:
In Balmora i once
> stole a gem from the mages guild worth 60,000 and was killed instantly
> by the lady standing right next to me who effortlessly zapped me in
> one fell swoosh.

blimy that is some highly priced object but vendors only have about 800 gold at one time don't they so unless you find a vendor with giant pockets you wouldn't get that amount for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.