GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capcom rumoured to be considering making DMC a PS2 exclusive........"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 16:37
Regular
According to come.to/magicbox, Capcom are finally considering announcing that whilst Nintendo owners can be content with Resident Evil, and Xbox owners will be able to delight in the Onimusha series along with PS2 owners, only PS2 owners will be getting their hands on Devil May Cry for quite some time. Development on the sequel for the PS2 has begun, and with no plans yet to port the original to any other games console, industry analysts expect to see an exclusivity announcement soon.
Fri 18/01/02 at 17:12
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> It's just a tad short at 4 hours 40 minutes to
> complete.

I thought it was 4 hours 42 minutes??? Where did you get that info from?
Thu 17/01/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Bah"
ive got a bit bored of DMc now and its only the second time im playing it thru :(
MM
Thu 17/01/02 at 16:36
Regular
I'm not so bothered (DMC's like Pikmin - great, but too short to splash out for.), so long as Capcom send Maximo to the Gamecube very quickly!
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:57
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> It's absolutely brilliant, intuitive design, outstanding control, brilliant
> actiona and a very good story. It's just a tad short at 4 hours 40 minutes to
> complete.

That depends on what you mean in complete as far as finishing the game once and finding out the whole story, I would agree and say its short but still longer than Onimusha and most Resident Evil games but it does have a lot of replay value like immediately after finishing the game in Normal mode you the get into Hard mode and it keeps on getting harder I also prefer this rather than playing a stupid mini game infact I hate the Oni Spirits mini game, its just too hard and you can not save between the levels. Though also Devil May Cry gets very frustrating on the harder levels. So in my opinion I find it a very long game.
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> They MUST make Devil May Cry a PS2 exclusive of they are to remain in the fight
> for no.1 spot! The X-box is already failing in my view, as it's only exclusives
> are games like the 'Oddworlds' series! They'll have to do a lot better than
> that!! And after loosing a series like Resident Evil, Sony'll need something
> just as big and exclusive! Maybe even better!!

errr....

You make one HUGE mistake. You say that "They MUST make Devil May Cry a PS2 exclusive of they are to remain in the fight for no.1 spot". Who are "they". After all, CAPCOM make the game, and they couldn't care less where the PS2 comes in terms of sales... so long as they make a huge profit!

Sony are the people who care about PS2 sales!

Sonic
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:29
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well i wouldn't mind dmc becoming an exclusive especially after the ninty's nicked resi games and made them exclusive. dmc is far a better game.
Wed 16/01/02 at 17:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I don't care if it's a PS2 exclusive or not, as long as it appears on the PS2 in some form. I can't see it being a very long series either.
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They MUST make Devil May Cry a PS2 exclusive of they are to remain in the fight for no.1 spot! The X-box is already failing in my view, as it's only exclusives are games like the 'Oddworlds' series! They'll have to do a lot better than that!! And after loosing a series like Resident Evil, Sony'll need something just as big and exclusive! Maybe even better!!
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:45
Regular
It's absolutely brilliant, intuitive design, outstanding control, brilliant actiona and a very good story. It's just a tad short at 4 hours 40 minutes to complete.
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:44
Regular
"disappearing act"
Devil May Cry What is it about meaning RPG RACING ACTION PLATFORM.I am sorry I had not heard off it I and not Slagging I just never heard off it Do you think it is good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.