GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phillips Widescreen TV but cant play region 1 dvd's :("

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 16:26
Regular
Surely u would think a widescreen would be able to play import dvd's help any1???
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:26
Surely u would think a widescreen would be able to play import dvd's help any1???
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:30
"High polygon count"
It's nothing at all to do with the TV - it's the player.
Wed 16/01/02 at 17:04
Its the ps2 then

I have 3 phillips tv's all have the same problem they go grey
Wed 16/01/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Silent85 wrote:
> Its the ps2 then

>I have 3 phillips tv's all have the same problem they go grey

Have you tried the PS2 on a different make of TV? Just out of curiosity, if it does it on your mates (whatever make he's got) then you definitely know it's the PS2.

Only a suggestion.
Wed 16/01/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Tag as above"
They usually go grey if they don't support NTSC.

Mine did that, so I bought a new telly.
Wed 16/01/02 at 18:47
I'd be very surprised if you've got a Widescreen TV that isn't NTSC compatible.

If it isn't compatible (plays NTSC in Black & White and plays Region 2 discs in colour) then get the model number and do some research.

Even my rubbish ferguson does NTSC.
Wed 16/01/02 at 19:53
I am now using my ps2 on the small video tv bush combi and it works fine I just aim for something more u know what I mean
Thu 17/01/02 at 05:23
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
i bought a converter for my old tosh for £15 sorted it out ok. try seeing if it has an RGB scart if it has the use a fully wired RGB PS2 cable might help as RGB isn't NTSC of PAL.

if that doen't work ask for my e-mail addy and i'll tell you where i got that converter.
Thu 17/01/02 at 18:06
Ok whats ur email address
Fri 18/01/02 at 01:07
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
[email protected]

SR don't like advertising you see :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.