GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"blog"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/07/06 at 14:35
Regular
My new blog Learn The Language.

I decided to set up my first blog, it's about learning languages. I'll be posting tips, learning techniques, reviews, lessons and my experiences as I learn new languages. I'll be traveling quite a bit so it's a great chance to take my learning seriously and hopefully make some good reading :D

So feel free to read, subscribe, post comments, etc. heh

My main languages are French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean but I'm pretty much going to cover most languages as I'm going to be doing a lot of backpacking.

----

Does anyone else have a blog they might like to plug while I'm at it? :)
Sun 23/07/06 at 17:18
Regular
Changed my mind about the 3 blogs, so just posted more in this blog.

Thanks for the comments and clicks guys ^^ really appreciate it.

[I]Arrivederci[/I] :)
Fri 21/07/06 at 02:00
Regular
Cheers to whoever made me $0.46 richer :D much appreciate it heh

Should have 3 new blogs up later today.
Thu 20/07/06 at 20:08
Regular
I've been a Second Dan since last October, but I have to wait an extra year (i.e four instead of three) between belts because I have to be 18 to take my Third Dan with NAKMAS =\

Talking of famous instructors, I used to train with Keith Evans and Will Crouch (Olympic Medalist) when I was a nip, and also some training with Jaffa who you may remember from that fight series that was on a while back. It was called something like Combat School.

I do W T F thought we don't really go in for competitions. I had to wait three months between gradings and six from black tag to black. We don't have fast track so it's all ok, but, now they don't have tags and instead have these much better striped belts. Means Junior Black is exactly same as Black Tag though.

I train at a small club in the South, now in the 'black belt group'.
Thu 20/07/06 at 20:00
"possibly impossible"
Not quite second Dan yet, next December for that, unfortunatly have to wait 2 years in between belts.

But then I only started when I was 30 and back then we had to wait 6 months in between colour belts, now it's all 'fast-track'. Bah!

I do ITF Taekwondo too, so it's all fancy kicks and not full contact sparring, which is cool unless you don't like perfecting your look. My instructor is Andrew Spink, from Fight School on Sky, it's pretty cool that we've been able to meet the other contestants from that, plus big people in the business such as Ashley Beck and Master Ramirez. We're the fastest growing school in the South West too.
Thu 20/07/06 at 19:52
Regular
:O But I'm a Second Dan!

Only go once a week, for two and a half hours on a Saturday, though I've been doing it for nine years.

Did a seminar last week and now have bloated grapefruit-fingers where I was kicked in the hand.
Thu 20/07/06 at 19:51
Regular
I think he said 2nd dan. He must be good if he goes 3 times a week :)

We seem to have quite a few people doing martial arts on here.
Thu 20/07/06 at 19:48
Regular
He does? What belt is he?
Thu 20/07/06 at 19:37
Regular
Oh you and pb both do Taekwondo :)

I should do an article about that, learning languages through martial arts.
Thu 20/07/06 at 19:32
Regular
I don't particularly like languages, really can't get my head around them.

Ditched French after three years at the end of year 9 as I really got nothing out of it. Did my German GCSE recently and so I'm hoping for an A.

Having said that, I also got a WJEC certificate in Japanese and can speak some limited Korean due to Taekwondo. I'm doing Latin As, if that counts =\
Thu 20/07/06 at 18:38
"possibly impossible"
Microsoft have done a good job of making blogs really easy. It only took a few minutes to set up www.spaces.msn.com/pbyron

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.