GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the N64 was such a cool console and had the best games,"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/02/03 at 14:46
Regular
I don't know about you but I had an N64 and owning it was a pleasure, Conkers bad fur day and Goldeneye were the best games ever. Magazines still compare shooting games to goldeneye because it remains to be a classic. Mario 64 was an amazing game, I still play on it, it's just one of those games you play on over and over again. Sequals are still being bought out for this game and I would love it if mario came out for the Ps2.
This game may be an 18 but conkers bad fur day will always be the most funy game I have ever played on and still am playing on because the multiplayer is one of the best ever. The racing games on the N64 are cool and funny especially Mario kart which is just another example of a wicked Mario sequal. I don't know if anyone else would buy them but it would be ace if more games were brought out for the N64 like a new mario game. I know they have bought out the Gamecube but they havent made the games like tthey used to be and most of the new games brought out for the gamecube are just remakes of the old games with better graphics, but does the quality of the graphics decide the quality of the game? I don't think so. Send in your oppinions, i'd like to see if anyone else feels the same about this. I mean a game has to be fun to play on not good to stare at.
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:46
Regular
I don't know about you but I had an N64 and owning it was a pleasure, Conkers bad fur day and Goldeneye were the best games ever. Magazines still compare shooting games to goldeneye because it remains to be a classic. Mario 64 was an amazing game, I still play on it, it's just one of those games you play on over and over again. Sequals are still being bought out for this game and I would love it if mario came out for the Ps2.
This game may be an 18 but conkers bad fur day will always be the most funy game I have ever played on and still am playing on because the multiplayer is one of the best ever. The racing games on the N64 are cool and funny especially Mario kart which is just another example of a wicked Mario sequal. I don't know if anyone else would buy them but it would be ace if more games were brought out for the N64 like a new mario game. I know they have bought out the Gamecube but they havent made the games like tthey used to be and most of the new games brought out for the gamecube are just remakes of the old games with better graphics, but does the quality of the graphics decide the quality of the game? I don't think so. Send in your oppinions, i'd like to see if anyone else feels the same about this. I mean a game has to be fun to play on not good to stare at.
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You know Mario Sunshine is on the GC, yes?
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Remember me?"
Conker's Bad Fur Day was never an 18. It was rated 15+ by ELSPA. It was neven rated by the BBFC...

But the N64 was - and is - a brilliant console. A lot of my favourite games of all time are on it, and still get frequent use by myself and my brother.
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:53
Regular
So you'd like to see more games brought out like they used to be, yet you complain that a lot of the new games are like the old games with better graphics....

Go figure.
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Quite a bit of contradiction there, really...
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:55
Regular
I half agree on that, the n64 games were classics and i still play goldeneye and others but u have to realise good things have to come to an end and nintendo moved onto a more powerfull console so they can exspan there horrizons. They now make more detials graphical games which are on my opinions really gd but off course they still miss that certain touch that n64 games had but its still nintendo and they will get it too gether soon enough with game slike zelda coming out and animal crossing ect
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:22
"For the horde!!!!"
*thinks about Goldeneye,Mariokart 64 and Mario 64*
ahh the good old days
Sun 02/02/03 at 22:27
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I've downloaded all the classics, in ROM form.
Despite still having my N64, but its in my cupboard
I actually won my N64 on SM:TV Live with 9 games
'Wonkey Donkey'....... I was on line 4 aswell..... dumbasses
It was Male snail...... MALE SNAIL!!!
ahahahaha, I am King of Sm:TV :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.