GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are there no decent games programs on T.V. ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 12:45
Regular
There are enough of them - Thumb Bandits, Cybernet and a couple on Bravo.
Cybernet is about the only I would spend any time watching, they all seem so far behind with news/previews etc. Considering the value of the games market is exceeding music why don't we have a prime time show like Top of the Pops ?
Surely anything on ITV/4/5 could easily sell advertising so I don't even see a new "good" program being that high a risk....however I could be wrong.

PS. Are there any programs i have missed ?
Wed 16/01/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
There are enough of them - Thumb Bandits, Cybernet and a couple on Bravo.
Cybernet is about the only I would spend any time watching, they all seem so far behind with news/previews etc. Considering the value of the games market is exceeding music why don't we have a prime time show like Top of the Pops ?
Surely anything on ITV/4/5 could easily sell advertising so I don't even see a new "good" program being that high a risk....however I could be wrong.

Wed 16/01/02 at 12:59
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
g1nger.net wrote:
> There are enough of them - Thumb Bandits, Cybernet and a couple on Bravo.
>
Cybernet is about the only I would spend any time watching, they all seem so
> far behind with news/previews etc. Considering the value of the games market is
> exceeding music why don't we have a prime time show like Top of the Pops
> ?
Surely anything on ITV/4/5 could easily sell advertising so I don't even see
> a new "good" program being that high a risk....however I could be
> wrong.

i quite like thumb bandits.....i dont feel like im 13 watching it
Wed 16/01/02 at 13:15
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Games Network on Sky Digital is a dedicated Video Games channel. Not bad it is too...
Wed 16/01/02 at 15:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bleeders wrote:
> Games Network on Sky Digital is a dedicated Video Games channel. Not bad it is
> too...

Its not bad. The blonde women has about as much personality as a dead fish, she repeats every thing a million times.

Bettina use to be annoying at first with her major lack of English, but now she is good.

Legend of Mir is a waste of space and the guy on there shouldnt even be on TV as he never finishes a word, he looks and sounds like its his first time ever in front of a TV camera.

TNT is rubbish with tons of repeated shows. Alot of the shows are repeated at the same time every night. The video clips are ok, with some good games, but they have showed lots of PS1 games or old games.

Retro Clip is ok, as it is a flashback to when I first remember games and that was back in 87/88.
Wed 16/01/02 at 16:35
Regular
"disappearing act"
I know what you mean I used to watch games master and I used t think that the show was amazing.They have cut lots off shows off air but I watched nearly all of them.
Wed 16/01/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree with adrian, GameNetwork pretty much sucks!! Most of their GameClips (the only good show) look like Beta versions, and they're all jerky!! They really should get some decent English speaking people, like Geoff, he was good, and they should make it a lot less repetative!! Actually, ContactUs's ok as well, when not repeated.
GamesMaster was good and definitley a lot better.
GamesWorld on SkyOne was good, as you'd see lots of top games being played, and the competition made it interesting. Even if the players were no good!!
Wed 16/01/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I saw Biohazard Rebirth for the GC on game network. It was jerkier than playing a high spec PC game on a 486.
Wed 16/01/02 at 19:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
I use to enjoy watching Cybernet on Sci Fi channel but they seem to have canned it!!
Wed 16/01/02 at 19:33
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i also liked gamesmaster it was good, and the winners use to get a golded joypad or something, maybe they should start it you agian.
Wed 16/01/02 at 19:36
cybernet is alright and game-pad is ok when it's up-to-date but gamesmaster was the daddie

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.