GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are there no decent games programs on T.V. ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 12:45
Regular
There are enough of them - Thumb Bandits, Cybernet and a couple on Bravo.
Cybernet is about the only I would spend any time watching, they all seem so far behind with news/previews etc. Considering the value of the games market is exceeding music why don't we have a prime time show like Top of the Pops ?
Surely anything on ITV/4/5 could easily sell advertising so I don't even see a new "good" program being that high a risk....however I could be wrong.

PS. Are there any programs i have missed ?
Sat 19/01/02 at 03:05
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
shame it didn't save mine but hey.
Sat 19/01/02 at 00:03
after seeing him in banzai i was going mad trying to figure out where i remember him from. thank you for saving my sanity
Fri 18/01/02 at 01:03
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
i always remember that sorta crap, ANDY CRANE LMAO
Thu 17/01/02 at 21:20
violet berlin actually looks younger then she did in the early nineties which is strange. i forgot the name of the show but do you remember that show she did where there was like a wireframe background and then there were 2 guys competing against each other in a game and then the winner would defend his crown against all comers until he lost and so on. if it's already been mentioned sorry. and thank you for the andy crane mention it's been killing me trying to figure out where i remembered him from
Thu 17/01/02 at 04:59
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
that violet minger was on bad influnence with andy crane LMAO i have it somewhere on video when they previewed the PSX and Sega Saturn.

But (and i'd like to gloat a bit to) i have the gamesmaster gore special on tape from years ago it's my only memory left of the show.

they did bring gamesmaster back a few years ago but thet asked for a late night show but channel 4 said sod off they either had 6:30pm or nothing so the decided on nothing.

i miss gamesmaster with there golden joystick (no puns)

i miss domink diamond and that that took over for a while.

let's go over to the gamesmaster for todays challenge, GAMESMASTER

oh and game network bytes so much (get it bytes) that i never watch the cack anymore as it's always ads.
Wed 16/01/02 at 22:33
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
.TV on sky used to be the best. They had programmes like 'Game Over', and 'Games Chart' for gamers.
They also used to have a day with games demonstrated on Buyers Guide.

It really annoyed me when Sky decided to stop it. It used to be one of my favorite channels (Along with Sky One).
Wed 16/01/02 at 22:08
Game Network is an absolute pile of a**e. Useless presenters and it's a constant advert. Some of the gameclips and features are OK but on the whole it's garbage.

Thumb Bandits is pretty good but a useless broadcast time.

Gamepad I like but Violet Berlin is an over-opinionated indiviudual who often (even if it's scripted) talks balls.

Just my opinion of course..... ;)
Wed 16/01/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Oh yeah, Violet Berlin. Does anyone remember that games program on ITV, with her and some other bloke??? They were mainly just reviewing and showing new games. It was around the time of the SNES and MegaDrive. Does anyone remember it???

I also agree with adrian again. And Biohazard is a good example of bad GameClips on GameNetwork. I also think they still show Clips of Zelda: Majora's Mask??
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
The good old days eh !
Did you know that Violet Berlin presents one of the shows on Bravo, she now has dark brown hair in a bob.
Gone is the bleached flat-top of the eighties/nineties.
Wed 16/01/02 at 19:36
cybernet is alright and game-pad is ok when it's up-to-date but gamesmaster was the daddie

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.