GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DOA3 Fans Beat This!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dead or Alive 3'.
Sun 02/02/03 at 15:50
Regular
I might be wrong or you may have beaten this score, but check this out! In survival mode with Helan I clocked *69* wins with a score of 7373020!!! The only thing that surprised me was that I only got a Silver medal?! However if I remember rightly that is better than the scores I saw in OXM with their Dead or Alive 3 competition. I took me around 40 minutes of non stop fighting to achieve that and at the moment I am sat with a cheeky smile wondering where I can go from here. Bar Halo this is by far my favourite Xbox game and I can't wait for DOA4 later this year. If anyone has a score better than that please post it in here so that I can aim towards something new :)

What do you think to that fight fans?

*Prays that he isn't making himself look stupid*
Sun 02/02/03 at 15:50
Regular
I might be wrong or you may have beaten this score, but check this out! In survival mode with Helan I clocked *69* wins with a score of 7373020!!! The only thing that surprised me was that I only got a Silver medal?! However if I remember rightly that is better than the scores I saw in OXM with their Dead or Alive 3 competition. I took me around 40 minutes of non stop fighting to achieve that and at the moment I am sat with a cheeky smile wondering where I can go from here. Bar Halo this is by far my favourite Xbox game and I can't wait for DOA4 later this year. If anyone has a score better than that please post it in here so that I can aim towards something new :)

What do you think to that fight fans?

*Prays that he isn't making himself look stupid*
Sun 02/02/03 at 15:55
Regular
May I also add that before taking up the survival challenge I would have classed Helana as one of my worst (if not the worst) character on the game. I was only playing to unlock her 3rd costume by collecting 3 dolphins or an Xbox logo! You may not believe this but after all that I only managed to collect 2 dolphins :( I got 15 crystals, 25 pieces of gold, 12 chickens, 31 pinapples and 21 cherries :) Any advances on the score?
Mon 03/02/03 at 13:21
Regular
Hmmm.

I played DOA3 the other day with a few mates and its brilliant, The graphics are great and its some serious button bashing fun.
Mon 03/02/03 at 14:15
Regular
Button Bash in survival and you won't last more than 4 characters. Thats the beauty of the game, if you like button bashing then it caters for you, however if like me you like to use moves and tactics the game will also serve you well. I would go as far to say that it is my favourite Xbox game to date and although I have unlocked every costume and level I will still be playing survival mode between now and the launch of Dead or Alive 4! Please don't associate 100% button bashing with Dead or Alive 3 because you couldn't be anymore wrong. The many different modes on offer will keep you playing for months and months, in fact I would say that I have played the game for well over 150 hours and I keep playing each night mastering my skills and challenging the survival mode.

If you don't own this game in your Xbox collection then you are missing out on what I would call one of the best games I have ever played. Granted the story mode may not last more than 2 weeks clocking it with every character, however the Time Attack, Survival, Tag Battle, Tag Survival and Team Battle modes will keep you playing for a long time to come. I have only just finished unlocking every characters costumes and every time I turn the game on it feels like a brand new title. For under £20 this game is sale of the century and in the words of Mr.Dickinson himself this game is cheap as chips! A great title and a blast to play in both quick and long periods.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.