GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSO 1 & 2 ARE coming out on Xbox...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1&2'.
Sun 02/02/03 at 16:13
Regular
... but it might be a bit pricy.

Found this at planet xbox:

Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II has been the subject of more than a few debates on the Xbox side of things, with questions on pricing, online features and such coming up. In a conference recently held, Microsoft announced those very details. According to Microsoft, the game will ship during early March for $39.99, $10 less than the NGC version. Moreover, the game will require players wishing to play online with the game on Xbox Live to buy a Hunter’s License from Sega for $8.95 per-month.
As for specific features, well it seems the Xbox version will support Dolby 5.1 audio and HDTV. Moreover, the game will have downloadable content when Sonic Team completes it. Those wishing to read the original story should head on over to GameSpyDaily (http://www.gamespydaily.com/ (SPACEAGE!) news/fullstory.asp?id=4655)
- - - - -

I very much doubt that MS and Sega will have released prices for games that aren't coming out, eh?

Anyway, an extra $8 a month to play it online seems a bit steep. Sega managed to have it online for free on the DC, so I don't see why they can't do the same for Xbox, especially as MS has all the infrastructure in place already...
Sun 02/02/03 at 21:59
Regular
I'm confused..

I'm also laughing at the 'According to Microsoft, this will be $10 less than the GCN version'. Nutcases ;).
Sun 02/02/03 at 16:13
Regular
... but it might be a bit pricy.

Found this at planet xbox:

Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II has been the subject of more than a few debates on the Xbox side of things, with questions on pricing, online features and such coming up. In a conference recently held, Microsoft announced those very details. According to Microsoft, the game will ship during early March for $39.99, $10 less than the NGC version. Moreover, the game will require players wishing to play online with the game on Xbox Live to buy a Hunter’s License from Sega for $8.95 per-month.
As for specific features, well it seems the Xbox version will support Dolby 5.1 audio and HDTV. Moreover, the game will have downloadable content when Sonic Team completes it. Those wishing to read the original story should head on over to GameSpyDaily (http://www.gamespydaily.com/ (SPACEAGE!) news/fullstory.asp?id=4655)
- - - - -

I very much doubt that MS and Sega will have released prices for games that aren't coming out, eh?

Anyway, an extra $8 a month to play it online seems a bit steep. Sega managed to have it online for free on the DC, so I don't see why they can't do the same for Xbox, especially as MS has all the infrastructure in place already...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.