GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Agent Parachute.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/02/03 at 18:39
Regular
Things are starting to get repetitive, not annoying, just I can see a lot of repetitiveness. You see, you have the genre’s, like you got your old FPS, TPS, Strategy, Racing, Fighting, etc. There are only so many variations you can have before falling into the “Your copying my game” bucket.

That’s why I say, the lord of meness, I say that peoples should just start to kinda make up genre’s.
“What the..?”
“Lets get rid of this guy, he’s crazy..”

How about no! Listen to me. Take for example, parachuting. Having not done it myself, I have to say that it looks rather good. Why not make a parachuting game? Hell its different, and completely untouched by anyone. You could be doing a show, and you’ve done this many times in training, it’s a simple jump.

The routine is going through your head,

“Jump, down 1500ft, pull cord, open coloured gas valve..”
“Jump, down 1500ft, pull cord, open coloured gas valve..”

Easy. You jump into the plane, and your off. Into the sky.. Suddenly you jolt to the right, by this time the only thing you can make out is the inside of the plane, upside down! Battling to get to the cockpit against natures forces you see blood. The pilot has been shot?! Forcing you to grab the “Stick” and take control, and fly the plane to safety.

Then when you land you want some answers etc, the whole game finds you jumping in and out of planes, parachuting at night, trying to find answers.

This seams like quite a good plot, and I cannot make games. So what about people that can? Are they completely oblivious to games like this, people have gotta take some risks. There would be a whole lot of interest seeing as this is original. They could even uncover a whole new genre and set a new standard for games and players alike, to follow.

Just like saying to the world, “Stop trying to get an idea out of other peoples hard work. Invent your own genre.”

Or would somebody like to tell me why they cant do this?

Just from a completely random activity, you could make a game.

Things aren’t getting annoying, they are quite a few quality FPS, TPS, Racing and everything else games. Really good. But if I saw “Agent Parachute” in a shop, I’d go take a look at the back of the box. And before I knew it, I’ll be reading the box, and thinking “Hm, this is a change and it looks kinda cool..”

Then its bitten me, I have fallen into the trap of “Reading the back of the box” It has caught my attention, and made me generate interest towards it. Exactly what the makers will want. Just because its different.

When will people learn..?

GasMask
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:52
Exactly, maybe its worth suggesting it...
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
agent under fire wrote:
like shoot-em-ups you might have to parachute
> into somewhere and instead of a cut-scene you could do the jump.
>
> Anyways, good post:

Cheers, yea. Like in Goldeneye (Its only an example :oP) I would of given anything to of actually taken control of that plane on the 3rd level.. if I remember right.. But still, why watch it, I want to DO IT!

Hm.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:39
There was a game on the PS2 i think or PSX which was just free falling which received a nice 2 out of 10 probably because it would loose its fun pretty quickly. However i would like to see things like this incoporated into games like shoot-em-ups you might have to parachute into somewhere and instead of a cut-scene you could do the jump.

Anyways, good post:)
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:05
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Whats the aha aha! for?! Bahah

mm food..
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Festivus!"
GasMask wrote:
> This seams like quite a good plot

aha. aha!
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Azul²°°³ wrote:
> Heh, forgot to comment.
> Nice one.
>
> There of loads of games there are quite the same as other's (just like
> with pop bands...), and it's boring and annoying sorta.

Yea, it is. Thanks for the comment. :o)
Sun 02/02/03 at 19:03
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah thats the one.
Sun 02/02/03 at 18:54
"Uzi Lover"
Pilot.
Sun 02/02/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Something ...Wings it was.
Sun 02/02/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
There was summat on the 64 with parachuting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.