GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2, game cube or x-box"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 19:35
Regular
What do you think is the best console of the best?
I like the ps2 because it is compatible with dvd's as well as all of the original playstation games.
I think that the game cube has the best graphics around and the most original games.
I don't really like the x-box I think that the other 2 are alot better.
I would like to know what you think and also any recomendations on ps2 games will be thankfully accepted
Wed 04/01/12 at 16:47
Regular
Mozzymo wrote:
> Meet at Hare and Hounds, Abbey Village at 5.45pm for a 6pm start,
> route to be decided

Tonights ride cancelled due to bad weather.I'll leave my bike in the car may do tomorow night if anyone is interested.
Tue 03/01/12 at 19:11
Regular
Meet at Hare and Hounds, Abbey Village at 5.45pm for a 6pm start, route to be decided
Wed 16/01/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Seeing as the PS2 has been out for a year and game publishers have got the best out of the PS2, with games like GTA 3, is all well and fine. The thing is that the Gamecube's release games, such as waverace and rogue leader, are as good or even better. Many of the PS2 games ported onto the Gamecube have been critisized for not making the most of the GC. Anyway most of the PS2 games that I may want are going to be on the GC and Nintendo and Rare make the best games around so I think it would be better to get the GC.
Wed 16/01/02 at 18:03
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Yeah
i agree

but xbox is too much money for me
Wed 16/01/02 at 18:02
Regular
"699 days!"
Meka Dragon, you are absolutely, completely and entirely correct. It is easy tosee why you are a notable. :-)

By the way, thanks fo your help on Daer Meka..... I have got a GameCube.
Wed 16/01/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hmmmmm......let me think???? I'm in the Nintendo forums, I have an N64, GBA GBP and SNES, maybe....GameCube???
That's the only answer you'll get from most of us lot here, so you're better of posting in the FOG chat. And we've all seen this topic started over and over again, every week!!
Wed 16/01/02 at 08:45
Regular
"not dead"
To be honest it's a matter of which games you prefer, which is a personal preference.

I'm getting a Gamecube because I like Nintendo games.

That doesn't mean that there aren't many fine games coming to the other systems, but, on the whole, they're not the titles that appeal to me.

The Xbox doesn't have any titles that really scream "Must buy" at me, but I haven't really been looking too far into it's future. It's best games at the moment appear to be Halo and Dead or Alive 3, and in all honesty I'm not the biggest fan of first person shooters or beat 'em-ups. I'm sure they're excellent titles, but it's not what I'm after.

The Playstation 2 is a bargain at £200 in my opinion, if you don't already have a DVD player. There is already a large quantity of titles, in many genres, with outstanding titles including Jak and Daxter, Grant Theft Auto 3 and Gran Turismo 3.

I've been playing Nintendo games for a long time though, and the appeal of these games is just too strong to ignore.

The Gamecube is also more of a family oriented console, with many of the games being targetted at all ages, rather than a more specific 'mature' audience.

Luigi's Mansion is the most obvious Nintendo title at launch, given that it features Mario's lanky brother, Luigi. Apparently it's a little short, but other than this it's typical Nintendo magic.

It's titles a little further down the line I'm really looking forward to though:

Star Fox Adventures: Said to be like Zelda in play, it also features Arwing missions, like those found in Lylat Wars. If they have a healthy combination of these, and both modes of play live up to expectations it could be a fantastic title.

Eternal Darkness: Not one for the kids, this, but it's epic story and promise of psychological horror has got me interested.

Mario Sunshine: It's a Mario title. Has there ever been a bad Mario platformer?

Zelda: The cel-shaded look is fascinating. Can't wait to see what direction the game is heading in next!

They are some of the titles that I anticipate most, though there are so many others coming that I can't wait for, like Metroid Prime, Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, I could go on all day, but I'd best stop there!

So which is best? You decide. Look at the games, and take the console that has the most that appeal to you.
Tue 15/01/02 at 23:21
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I wouldn't agree on the Gameboy front!

Since the GBA came out, the prices of Gameboy games has gone up! Grrrr!

I agree with you on the SNES front. I thought about saying that, but then I thought I've got faaaarrrr more N64 games than I do SNES. So I said N64!

:)
Tue 15/01/02 at 22:33
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Hey Cooky, you asked why go for anything else. How about the SNES thats even cheaper then the N64, has loads of great games to. Then the are all the Gameboys.
Tue 15/01/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I think the N64!

It's cheap!

Games, ten a penny!

Loads of CLASSIC titles!

Why go for anything else?

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.