GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamwe boy advance sp, what do u think of it ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/02/03 at 18:32
Regular
The new Game Boy's changes are almost entirely aesthetic. Beneath the hood, it's the same Game Boy Advance system and it will run all previously released games. But with the sleek new look -- the unit will debut in metallic cobalt and platinum -- Nintendo hopes to lure business travelers, college students and other players willing to pay a bit more for appearance.
One major change in the system is its rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which Nintendo officials estimate will handle 18 hours of continuous playing with the unit's light off, or 10 with it on. Recharging takes three hours.
Also new is the system's front lighting, intended to make the system useable both in dark rooms and bright sunlight, which makes it alot easier to see the screen than it did the GBA.
But still there itsn't that much diffrence from the old GBA aprt from above and maybe the games being develpoed for it, all theyve done it polished off the GBA.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:18
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> lot of people, me included who would never have got a GBA
> with the old design are now gonna be tempted by it.

yeah i agree with that, i have a GBA but im not going to buy a GBASP cause i can cop with out the changes, but if i didnt have one i would buy it.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wouldn't know about that
ahem.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:16
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Gamecube *cough*
> What is that if not a 'boy's toy'?
> You don't NEED it, do you?

You don't need make-up to live....but who am I to question that.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:15
Regular
Lara Croft games shouldn't be on any console, they're a load of crap.

The SP is actualy a very worthwhile purchase, it's got a back lit screen, it can be folded away so the screen doesn't get scratched and it has a reachargeable battery pack thingy.

Oh and it looks damn sweet as well.

I predict a lot of people, me included who would never have got a GBA with the old design are now gonna be tempted by it.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Gamecube *cough*
What is that if not a 'boy's toy'?
You don't NEED it, do you?
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:08
isnt the GBASP just like the GBA only with a back lit screen, and it folds away.

just another reason for boys to play with toys and spend money for something that doesnt even matter. After all it only seems to be boys who moan they cant see the screen, and thats why i think lara croft games shouldnt be on Game boys, yes you know what i mean.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
Oh deary me it appears the winds of Julember have set in... GERRID where is the Wench-mobile, we must ready the artilary!
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:16
Regular
§n][peŽ wrote:
> Don't think this ones bothered bout punctuation and grammar.

That's a bit of pot calling kettle black syndrome me thinks.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:12
Regular
Don't think this ones bothered bout punctuation and grammar.
Tue 04/02/03 at 16:26
Regular
davidsobell wrote:
> Did you hear how it wont be able to play some games that the normal
> one can.
>
> Eg. Kirby's tilt ..........something

It will - just you'll have to play it backwards because the cartridge will be the other way around in the SP.

(The cartridges slot in the bottom of the GBASP from what I've seen/read)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.