GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 3 Screens"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:32
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2410

Looking pretty tasty right now.
Could be a winner, or could fall flat on it's face - we just don't know.

Thoughts?

FFF
Thu 03/04/03 at 21:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's been scheduled for Spring 2004 for months now.

Reflections have always had it down as 'Spring 2004', and not 'Christmas 2003', as some of you made up, while trying to hype yourself up for the game, along with everyone else.

Bah, I want. Maybe.
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:04
It now appears that Driver 3 has slipped and its release date is now expected to be Spring 2004. It now misses out on the Christmas release...
Looks like we got to wait even longer now...
Mon 10/02/03 at 14:57
Yeah, me too and a demo, allways prefer demos to reviews and everything else.

Should be good though :) Hopefuly *Prays*
Mon 10/02/03 at 10:16
Regular
"<<<<<<>>>>>>"
Yeah they do look good, have to wait for more pics to see if i'll buy it when it comes out.
Wed 05/02/03 at 18:53
Regular
I have always loved the driver series. The mix of plot and awesome car physics was always the most important aspects. Yet, with the development and experience of the PS2 the new game should be a step into virtual driving heaven. The screens look awesome but the game can't satand on that alone. The handling, storyline and 'out of car' options should be more advanced. I've been dying for tyhis game since the groovy trailer on the Stuntman DVD extras. The cities look 'da bomb' and the old style western guitar riffs are still there. CANT WAIT!
Wed 05/02/03 at 17:46
No, don't know release date, anyone else???

I loved the alleys and how you could drive down them and escape from the cops, crashing through all the boxes and tables etc. That was class.

Should rock, but could be too late as GTA:VC has been and gone along with The Getaway.. Could the genre have lost its pizzaz...

No way, bring on the guns, cars, crime and violence...

Why?
Wed 05/02/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
I must admit the screens do look tasty, does anyone no when it is out?
Wed 05/02/03 at 00:31
Regular
"cachoo"
I used to lover Driver.
But stopped playing it when the PS2 arrived.. one day, I got bored with all the PS2 games and went back to playing Driver, but put it in the PS2.. massive shock when I saw the graphics.. ICK! Looked like everything was 'ripped' to pieces.

I'm so thankful for the PS2 graphics compared to the PS1!! :D
Tue 04/02/03 at 22:58
"period drama"
The best bit in Driver was the hub-caps rolling off along side your car.
Beautiful.

Screen's aren't always everything. Dissapointment lurks around every gaming corner - they could be actual in-game shots, ones form CG scenes or even fakes kncoked up on the 'puter.
Or, they could be real, which is good.
But the actual game could be crap, which is what really matters, and it has a lot of competition these days - VC, Getaway, True Crimes.

Hopefully he'll run properly, not like someone's lodged a splintery telegraph-pole up his bootang.
And guns, o' course
Tue 04/02/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
'Supreme' might be a better word given the context.

Best thing about the Driver series was the cars' handling, it was nigh on perfect, the way the car bounced when you edged a kerb, the way it floated on its suspension, the way you could powerslide and handbrake turn and control skids, all of it was perfect.

Which, when you think about it, is probably the most important factor if you're making a game with the word 'Driver' in the title.

So really screenshots are negligible at this stage, we need to play it to get any idea what it's going to be like.

*Sits back for 9 months and waits for the demo disc*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.