GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 V Gamecube The final battle !!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 17:56
Regular
The two rivals sony and Nintendo are battling and you deside who wins . Yes you vote who you think will win to help do who is better The simpsons [from road rage] or super smasn bros [melee] remember you decide who wins and I'm aiming to get a message from a royal respcted notable !
Wed 16/01/02 at 19:23
Regular
"!"Ł$%^&*()_+"
yup i have to agree with ruudy boy, the playstation 2 will have retired by the time gamecube makes a proper foot hold in the uk (unless nintendo do something quick) and its older brother the ps3 will be kicking the cube around.
Wed 16/01/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Woah, Ruudy boy took the subject seriously. Wow. It's not like this thread is cliched or anything.
Wed 16/01/02 at 15:16
Regular
"Back For Good"
The new link... wrote:
>The final battle

How many times have we heard that now? it's worse than the "final" fantasy.
Wed 16/01/02 at 14:27
Regular
"not dead"
How can it be the final battle when one of them hasn't been released yet?

A final battle will take place when the consoles last games are released?
Tue 15/01/02 at 18:45
Regular
so then we have never seen a notable write any thing???
Tue 15/01/02 at 18:41
Well, to start off with, the PS2 has been out for quite some time, and as had a massive headstart. It has already sold about 20 million units worldwide, and it's popularity is soaring. I have been a long time Nintendo fan, and I thought I'd never see the die that I own any computer console made by Sony, but, last Christmas, I got a PS2, and boy was it the right move.
I have eight great games, (which I can't be bothered listing), and with games like Metal Gear Solid 2 along the pipline, which is probably on of the most anticipated games of all time, more and more people will be buying a PS2.
However, my heart is still with Nintendo, and the thing I would want more than anything would be a GameCube, with titles such as Luigi's Haunted Mansio, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Mario Sunshine and the new Zelda. It's not hard to see that Nintendo, with the help of Shigeru Miyamoto, make the best games in the world, but they are not what most of us would call marketing genius'. For ages we have all been waiting for Nintendo to announce the release date of the GameCube for us negelcted Europeans, but no such luck, only rough estimates buy some gossipiing idiots are the best we have. Originally most people thought late 2001 for us, but it looks like that slot went to the yanks, meaning we would get it later. So the rumours started, spring 2002, but then we hear from Mr Nintendo spokesman. And he says something that sent a dark and cold shiver down our spine. Out of our lips come the terrifying words,
"Europe is not a priority". How could they? After all we've done for them. (which I don't know what it is). After that, all the experts are saying we're gonna have to wait till Autumn 2002. Autumn 2002. You know, by Autumn 2002 the PS2 would have had a 1-2 year headstart, and the XBox would have had a healthy 6 months. In other words, by the time the GameCube arrives to Europe, pretty much every computer game fan will have either a PS2 or XBox.
Even if this monstrosity happens, Nintendo won't go bust like Sega. The money they get from the Game Boy Advance and the evil Pokémon must be enormous, so we don't have to worry about that. However, if Nintendo just buck their ideas up they still have a chance. Here's what they should do:
1) Advertise more, just like Microsoft. They spent millions and million on advertising, like Bill Gates appearing on some sort of American sitcom the day before the launch, sponsoring WWF Pay-Per-View events and posters as at as the eye can see.
2) Be less secretive, tell people about their latest projects, not when it's too late and everybody has spent their money and can't afford Nintedo's stuff anymore.
3) Lose their kiddy image. The average gamer is getting older and older, nobody cares about a fat Italian plumber who jumps on walking mushrooms and flying turtles. They want Zombie's and kickass hero's with guns and rocket launchers, not some star or flower power.
But hey, what are the chances of all this happening. In a way, Nintendo deserve to be back at the top, but it's not gonna happen. A shame really....

Ruudy Boy
Tue 15/01/02 at 18:03
Regular
"¬_¬"
Oooo yay! I want a message from a notable!!! Woop-de-doo, you moron.
Tue 15/01/02 at 18:02
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Shutup.
Tue 15/01/02 at 17:56
"Don't mess with me"
The two rivals sony and Nintendo are battling and you deside who wins . Yes you vote who you think will win to help do who is better The simpsons [from road rage] or super smasn bros [melee] remember you decide who wins and I'm aiming to get a message from a royal respcted notable !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.