GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola / Get Dotted! domain checker."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/07/07 at 18:48
Regular
Here's an idea for you (Freeola).

Whenever I register a domain I check to see how the other TLD's are being used. i.e. If I'm looking for a co.uk name and see the the .com version has been taken, I always look at how the taken domain is being used - in case it's not a 'normal' site!

Obviously(!) I always go to getdotted.com to register my domains. Currently the system shows the availability and offers a chance to buy and by clicking the name you can see the WHOIS output - do you think you could also add a View Site link, so that I (and others) can check-out taken domains more easily?

This would provide two benefits - your visitors would get more functionality and if owners of existing sites look at their visitor logs referrals they may well come and take a look at Freeola's services.

A win-win situation!
Sat 04/08/07 at 10:06
Regular
loki wrote:
> A good suggestion. The only reason I'm cautious is that we
> wouldn't really know what we were linking to, as it would be
> completely automated. We could accidentally end up offering
> people links to all kinds of depravity, or sites that attempt to
> install various forms of malware.

Hello,
But if you are checking taken domains by visiting them you would get that anyway - but I see what you are saying.

Perhaps just have a disclaimer (like the BBC do for their external links) to say that any external links have nothing to do with Freeola and are followed at your own risk?

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
Fri 03/08/07 at 16:53
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
A good suggestion. The only reason I'm cautious is that we wouldn't really know what we were linking to, as it would be completely automated. We could accidentally end up offering people links to all kinds of depravity, or sites that attempt to install various forms of malware.
Thu 26/07/07 at 19:48
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Thank you for your suggestion, I have passed this along to the decision makers within Freeola and those with the power to make the change.

As I'm sure you are aware, we here at Freeola are always open to customer suggestions on improving our site and services so posts such as this one are always welcome!
Thu 26/07/07 at 18:48
Regular
Here's an idea for you (Freeola).

Whenever I register a domain I check to see how the other TLD's are being used. i.e. If I'm looking for a co.uk name and see the the .com version has been taken, I always look at how the taken domain is being used - in case it's not a 'normal' site!

Obviously(!) I always go to getdotted.com to register my domains. Currently the system shows the availability and offers a chance to buy and by clicking the name you can see the WHOIS output - do you think you could also add a View Site link, so that I (and others) can check-out taken domains more easily?

This would provide two benefits - your visitors would get more functionality and if owners of existing sites look at their visitor logs referrals they may well come and take a look at Freeola's services.

A win-win situation!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.