GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you get your girl into gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 00:05
Regular
Some would say it’s an impossible and daunting task, a girl interested in games you say? A girl interested in sitting in a dark room staring at the screen while they mash buttons on a control pad doesn’t sound like a thrilling night in for a lady but there are ways and after a lot of persuading and maybe a promise of some “quality time” with one another hopefully those women type people could give it a go.

It can be done but you’ll need a little help, women are sensitive creatures and you must take your time to listen to what they say because blah blah blah blah blah blah blah what time did you get in last night rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah you’ve been drinking haven’t you?

OK you’ve been given the go ahead, you’d better make the most of it put away a night this won’t be a five minute job. First things first set it up so the computer and screen are the main focus, something most of your pro gamers have probably already done, tidy your pit and generally clean up, no one wants to see your Lara Croft posters, tear them down (careful mind, you want them back up right?). No other distractoins, force her to stare at the screen, use your lighting skills here to darken everything, now how did they do it in Perfect Dark?.

If you’re using a PC make sure it’s up to scratch and problem free, no crashes and you’ll need a meaty joystick, no cheap £4.99 job you got from the local Del Boy, if you want her interested buy something decent that she can get a feel for. Yes you can see it coming can’t you but let’s face it if she liked the feel she’s going to want to keep a hold of it, hell you can say “Now just grab hold of the joystick” then smirk and laugh away like your five years old again, maybe spark up a conversation over it, as long as it’s gaming talk it’s all good. Any other cheap sexual related comments are good just don’t delve into the damn right dirty otherwise you may offend and I don’t think the “I bet that’s the best offer you’ve had all week” joke is going to stand.

Now sit her down, get her comfy got some snacks, crisps, sweets, sandwiches, drinks you don’t want her moving so don’t give her an excuse you want her staring at that screen with intent on loving! Choose your games wisely don’t throw her in at the deep end with a copy of Unreal Tournament, start off easy with something simple and colourful, girls like colour at this moment in time special effects and real time lighting aren’t going to impress, Sim City seems to be a girly game. After a few plays she’ll be getting a feel for it all, now offer her a selection of games, ones you too enjoy, that way she’ll think she’s in control here when obviously you pre approved every game before hand and this is actually something you could do together.

Now me and you both know she is not going to be good at this, not in the slightest but even after the umpteenth time and falls into the lava trying to jump that one gap, DO NOT snatch up the pad and show her how its done, encourage, encourage, encourage. Once it’s done praise her for it and she will soon be interested. If you feel the need to laugh and mock her do so but only in your head, very important, do it out loud and your chances of actually sharing an interest with someone of the opposite sex become limited.

Tip; Girls like to play girls in games, Fact, choose a beat em up maybe, girls go for Chun Li’s flipping power.. Play against her for a while and as much as it might pain you, let her win it’ll boost her confidence, she beat you, you play all the time and she beat you! Shrug off the insults your plan is going perfectly.

Sooner or later she should start enjoying herself, tests prove that if you can do it you enjoy it no matter what it is it gives you a sense of power and this is what she will be feeling, it’s her first time she’s going to love it.

I must warn you though this may not be the best idea you’ve ever had, it could even come along the lines that time you superglued your head to the floor and walked around for a week with a piece of carpet hanging from your head and being called Rug Boy at school. She may get a little too interested in this, if you’re a casual gamer then she could become an obsessive gamer and any spare time she gets could be lost through her wanting to complete the next task on Rollercoaster Tycoon or worst comes to the worst she could even take up your gaming time, picture it you want to use the computer to finally beat that Tony Hawks but she’s playing and she’s saving over your data and then there’s the issue of money, who’s paying for all this, soon she’ll want broadband, know what you’re getting into you can’t reset this.

Plus there’s always the chance of her becoming too dependant on games, getting acne and burst out with one liners such as “I am Turok!” in her sleep.

So take your time over this, do you play games like it’s a religion? Do you really want your girlfriend to be a part of this? Should you keep her at distance, think about this, it’s up to you, you’ll be like two monkeys left in a cage with only one bannana between you and you’re not planning on sharing, do you want this, you decide.

Now go get those girls boys! Not girl boys, girls boys. It's important to get that right first time.
Tue 04/02/03 at 00:05
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
Some would say it’s an impossible and daunting task, a girl interested in games you say? A girl interested in sitting in a dark room staring at the screen while they mash buttons on a control pad doesn’t sound like a thrilling night in for a lady but there are ways and after a lot of persuading and maybe a promise of some “quality time” with one another hopefully those women type people could give it a go.

It can be done but you’ll need a little help, women are sensitive creatures and you must take your time to listen to what they say because blah blah blah blah blah blah blah what time did you get in last night rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah you’ve been drinking haven’t you?

OK you’ve been given the go ahead, you’d better make the most of it put away a night this won’t be a five minute job. First things first set it up so the computer and screen are the main focus, something most of your pro gamers have probably already done, tidy your pit and generally clean up, no one wants to see your Lara Croft posters, tear them down (careful mind, you want them back up right?). No other distractoins, force her to stare at the screen, use your lighting skills here to darken everything, now how did they do it in Perfect Dark?.

If you’re using a PC make sure it’s up to scratch and problem free, no crashes and you’ll need a meaty joystick, no cheap £4.99 job you got from the local Del Boy, if you want her interested buy something decent that she can get a feel for. Yes you can see it coming can’t you but let’s face it if she liked the feel she’s going to want to keep a hold of it, hell you can say “Now just grab hold of the joystick” then smirk and laugh away like your five years old again, maybe spark up a conversation over it, as long as it’s gaming talk it’s all good. Any other cheap sexual related comments are good just don’t delve into the damn right dirty otherwise you may offend and I don’t think the “I bet that’s the best offer you’ve had all week” joke is going to stand.

Now sit her down, get her comfy got some snacks, crisps, sweets, sandwiches, drinks you don’t want her moving so don’t give her an excuse you want her staring at that screen with intent on loving! Choose your games wisely don’t throw her in at the deep end with a copy of Unreal Tournament, start off easy with something simple and colourful, girls like colour at this moment in time special effects and real time lighting aren’t going to impress, Sim City seems to be a girly game. After a few plays she’ll be getting a feel for it all, now offer her a selection of games, ones you too enjoy, that way she’ll think she’s in control here when obviously you pre approved every game before hand and this is actually something you could do together.

Now me and you both know she is not going to be good at this, not in the slightest but even after the umpteenth time and falls into the lava trying to jump that one gap, DO NOT snatch up the pad and show her how its done, encourage, encourage, encourage. Once it’s done praise her for it and she will soon be interested. If you feel the need to laugh and mock her do so but only in your head, very important, do it out loud and your chances of actually sharing an interest with someone of the opposite sex become limited.

Tip; Girls like to play girls in games, Fact, choose a beat em up maybe, girls go for Chun Li’s flipping power.. Play against her for a while and as much as it might pain you, let her win it’ll boost her confidence, she beat you, you play all the time and she beat you! Shrug off the insults your plan is going perfectly.

Sooner or later she should start enjoying herself, tests prove that if you can do it you enjoy it no matter what it is it gives you a sense of power and this is what she will be feeling, it’s her first time she’s going to love it.

I must warn you though this may not be the best idea you’ve ever had, it could even come along the lines that time you superglued your head to the floor and walked around for a week with a piece of carpet hanging from your head and being called Rug Boy at school. She may get a little too interested in this, if you’re a casual gamer then she could become an obsessive gamer and any spare time she gets could be lost through her wanting to complete the next task on Rollercoaster Tycoon or worst comes to the worst she could even take up your gaming time, picture it you want to use the computer to finally beat that Tony Hawks but she’s playing and she’s saving over your data and then there’s the issue of money, who’s paying for all this, soon she’ll want broadband, know what you’re getting into you can’t reset this.

Plus there’s always the chance of her becoming too dependant on games, getting acne and burst out with one liners such as “I am Turok!” in her sleep.

So take your time over this, do you play games like it’s a religion? Do you really want your girlfriend to be a part of this? Should you keep her at distance, think about this, it’s up to you, you’ll be like two monkeys left in a cage with only one bannana between you and you’re not planning on sharing, do you want this, you decide.

Now go get those girls boys! Not girl boys, girls boys. It's important to get that right first time.
Tue 04/02/03 at 00:08
Regular
LOL

Get those girl boys

Genius.
Tue 04/02/03 at 00:18
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
Ha, ha. Thank you Tiltawhirl, glad you liked it.
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:59
Regular
Brilliant.
Wed 05/02/03 at 00:46
Regular
Either i'm getting deja vu, or I've read that before in a very old PC games magazine, 'cept you've changed the names to more modern games.
Wed 05/02/03 at 12:06
u do realise, wotever the author was, that lara croft IS NOT REAL!!!!!!!! you can't get a REAL girl into gaming. u keep on trying with lara, though.
Wed 05/02/03 at 20:10
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
Don't worry I didn't copy it out of any magazine, it's all my work.

Thanks too guys.
Sun 09/02/03 at 00:10
"For the horde!!!!"
just install sims on your computer garrenteed to work
Tue 11/02/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Omnipresent"
How do you get your girl into gaming? Don't, she may neglect her womanely duties...
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Buy a GC, buy SMB. My girl is hooked.

"Can we play SMB again?"

"No."

"Ok then."

:o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.