GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Afterburner- Get it!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 12:53
Regular
Buy the AfterBurner from www.Lik-Sang.com. It the cheapest I can find. They also sell pre cut front panels if you dont fancy carving your own panel up, Lik -Sang include the special screw driver in the afterburner kit to open the GBA, at no extra price. Install is easy if you are competant at soldering. The most concerning bit is when you need to stick some anti reflective (AR) film to the LCD! I managed to do it without getting any dust or pubes trapped underneath, phew! Having patience is the biggest tool you will need for the job. Even if you get a few crumbs between the front screen and the new internal light, you can reopen your game boy and blow them out with a can of compressed air from maplins or something. The results are bloody mavelous!! You may start to think that your GBA will never be the same but as soon as you switch on there is no going back, it's brilliant!
Fri 14/02/03 at 10:18
Regular
When I first got my GBA and switched it on I thought ah ****! You need to be under a bloody spot light to see anything. So as soon as I got info about the aftbrner kit I got it straight away. No more having to crane your neck, hold the GBA at 45 degrees, wait til morning for sun light, use crappie external lights etc etc. Just switch on in pitch black and play! Cool!
Fri 14/02/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
To be honost Ive had my GBA since launch and Ive never had a biggie with the dark screen. Yeah, sometimes its difficult to see, but I just move to get a little more light and bingo I can see again.
Fri 14/02/03 at 09:51
Regular
Will only cost you £20, far cheaper than buying the GBA SP.

If you are any good at taking things appart, fixing your Grannies radio, making time machines etc etc then you will have no probs with fitting the light kit.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
strangely I don't have a penchant for pigs...

I suppose if you hate the lack of back light and have a gba the afterburner offers an alternative to splashing out on an sp.
Tue 04/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
Oh dear.
Tue 04/02/03 at 15:11
Regular
sideshow buzz - flash ah ahhhhhhhh saviour of his ring piece. He screws every piggies AR*E, he licks every hairy a*SE do do dah dah
shags every man every sheep la la la doo doo doo mmmm mmmmm do le do le da etc etc
Tue 04/02/03 at 14:31
Regular
sideshow buzz wrote:

> I'll get my coat

I think that would be a good idea :D
Tue 04/02/03 at 14:24
Regular
Out. NOW!
Tue 04/02/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Nivag wrote:
> Lik the cheapest. if you fancy your own up, Lik the special screw >driver in the kit. if
> you are at The bit is when you
> need to do it without getting any pubes trapped underneath, Having the >biggest tool you will need for the job. Even if you can blow them out >with a can of compressed air .
>The results are bloody mavelous!! You may start to think that you will >never be the same but as soon as you switch on there is no going back, >it's brilliant!

ok I was bored, and it was mildly amusing to do this at first
I'll get my coat
Tue 04/02/03 at 14:05
Regular
Can't I have 2 and a half?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.