GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 DVD lip synch problems: Help needed!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 14:22
Regular
I was watching some DVD's the other day, when I spotted something I hadn't noticed before:

Problems with the Lip Synch.

I remembered reading a little about it on here before Christmas, so I went into the PS2 Setup menu, went to the sound options and switched one of the options (damn, I can't remember which one, but there's only about 2 on the menu, so hopefully you know what I mean...).

I did that, went back to watching the film and it was fine.

For about half an hour, then it started again. So I went back to the menu and turned the option off. Again it was fine, for a while, then seemed to get worse.

Any ideas of how to sort it?

Cheers.
Tue 15/01/02 at 14:22
Regular
I was watching some DVD's the other day, when I spotted something I hadn't noticed before:

Problems with the Lip Synch.

I remembered reading a little about it on here before Christmas, so I went into the PS2 Setup menu, went to the sound options and switched one of the options (damn, I can't remember which one, but there's only about 2 on the menu, so hopefully you know what I mean...).

I did that, went back to watching the film and it was fine.

For about half an hour, then it started again. So I went back to the menu and turned the option off. Again it was fine, for a while, then seemed to get worse.

Any ideas of how to sort it?

Cheers.
Tue 15/01/02 at 14:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
You can stop the DVD film and then play it again. This will play the film from the spot you stopped it at and the lip synce will be sorted out.

The offical DVD remote has upgraded DVD drivers which I think will sort it out.

I have watched 2 DVD's and 1 had Lip sync problems the other didnt. When watching them I completely forgot about the diagnosis mode.
Tue 15/01/02 at 14:35
You mean the option for digital out ? most people find that turning that to off sorts it, though obviously not the case for you unfortunately. Have you tried the auto diagnosis function on p7 of the instruction manual ?

I cant really think of anythng else.
Tue 15/01/02 at 14:38
Regular
You could always try cleaning the disc you are trying to watch with warm soapy water, but short of that, there isn't much that can be done.
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bonus wrote:
> You could always try cleaning the disc you are trying to watch with warm soapy
> water, but short of that, there isn't much that can be done.

What if the discs are spot less like mine are.
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:49
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Which version of the DVD driver are you using? v2.10 eleminated Lip Sync completely (the one with the official remote)other wise, go to the Diagnosis menu and switch it to on, this should help but will need doing each time you put a new disc in!!
Tue 15/01/02 at 17:05
Stopping and startig the DVD stops the lip synch as it plays them both(sound and visual) at the same time again.

Your only way out of this is splashing out £20 on the new DVD remote, its the best thing to do anyway.

No more R1 search, no wrong one, damn missed a scene, stop no pause aaaghhhhh.

The remotes so much better....
Tue 15/01/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Bah"
yeah the cheap way is to put the diagnotic on, but you have to do it each time. The other way is to borrow the DVD you get with the remote off of someone and get the new drivers that eradicte this prob
MM
Tue 15/01/02 at 17:39
I found drop kicking my PS2 through a window and into a skip most effective, no more lip sync problems after that.

Also, you could try talking to your DVDs. Most people forget that DVDs are just like people, they have feelings and thoughts the same as you and me.
Sometimes if they're tired or cranky or just having a bad day, they don't concentrate properly and slight problems can occur. If you pause the DVD film and then say "Come on, get it together or you're going back in the box!", the unpause and it should all work swimmingly.

Don't expect an apology from them though. They can be quite rude sometimes, but that's just their way...
Tue 15/01/02 at 17:41
Regular
Thing with the updated remote drivers though...

Can you still use DVD region x? Or have sony locked it out? As new PS2s dont seem to run DVD region x...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.