GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Essential Imports"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 15:47
Regular
Right. What with Freeloader finally emerging from it's vapourware status and actually finally being released. Here are a few import recommendations;

*All US-releases unless otherwise stated.

- Metroid Prime
- Resident Evil 0
- The Legend of Zelda (March 24th)
- Animal Crossing
- Skies of Arcadia Legend
- Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution [JPN]
- Ikaruga [JPN]
Sat 08/02/03 at 21:05
Regular
First and foremost - what decent games aren't coming to the UK? I'll be getting an Action Replay for those and only those, because the PAL versions (providing they exist) will always be best. So far, I've seen:
-----
Animal Crossing. And, for the benefit of viperfire, this is a game in which you live through your life, become a respected citizen of your town and tackle troubles in day to day life. Basically, the game of life. Strange graphics, but (alledgedly) fantastically addictive.

Winning Eleven 6. Anyone got any details on this one?

Cubivore. Looks fun, anyone played it?

Ultimate Muscle. The 'crazy jap wrestler', any information?
-----
Does anyone know of any other decent games not getting a UK release? If so, please post 'em.
Wed 05/02/03 at 15:32
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have only just got a Cube, what's Animal Crossing?
Wed 05/02/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh... Barbecues everywhere, all-year-round!

"Put another shrimp on the barby, mate!"

"Steuth!" :S

Still, it's gotta be better than all those American holidays that must come with the US version.
Wed 05/02/03 at 14:16
Regular
Animal Crossing will have messed up seasons in the Australia and a load of stupid Australian holidays.

Harvest Moon hopefully should get a UK release.
Wed 05/02/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't really see the point in importing games that have already been confirmed for European releases either.

The only ones I will be interested are ones like Harvest Moon and Pro Evo 2 that will probably never come out over-here, unfortunately.

Unless - like Animal Crossing - they come-out in Australia...
Then I wouldn't need to spend £20 on a damn Freeloader!
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
I said...
Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing...

And so on,
Keep the dream alive.
Wed 05/02/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing

Ha ha ha ha ha ... (sigh)

Animal Crossing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 04/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
I'm only getting it for games that don't get a release over here, I can wait for the rest.
Tue 04/02/03 at 22:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Not going to bother about Freeloader. Most games get here with in a few months and waiting isnt really too bad. I have Uni so I dont get to play that many games with doing my course and watching films etc. Plus with Freeloader you need to keep swapping discs all the time. Maybe pick up an Action Reply and import a few titles over the summer when I will have more time, but games that I want for the GC are nearly out here now any way so no harm in waiting a few weeks.
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Don't you have a PAL cube as well, like me?

Corse I do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.