GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online?????????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 17:13
Regular
It seems GameCube have made yet another mistake of catastrophic proportions. As a Nintendo fan for as long as I can remember, the prospect of going online a full 2 WEEKS (pathetic, I know) before XBox excited me, even if the promotion of it has been woeful. However making people pay to play on the masterful PSO? What? Craziness personified into whoever made this utterly stoopid decision. Also, will people like me who live in the sticks, who be (notice the country stance) disadvantaged with 56k modems, be able to play on PSO if we can be bothered to pay £4.99 a month?
pinners
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:13
It seems GameCube have made yet another mistake of catastrophic proportions. As a Nintendo fan for as long as I can remember, the prospect of going online a full 2 WEEKS (pathetic, I know) before XBox excited me, even if the promotion of it has been woeful. However making people pay to play on the masterful PSO? What? Craziness personified into whoever made this utterly stoopid decision. Also, will people like me who live in the sticks, who be (notice the country stance) disadvantaged with 56k modems, be able to play on PSO if we can be bothered to pay £4.99 a month?
pinners
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:15
Regular
Internet gaming

Over hyped
Over rated

I'll take Pikmin any day thanks.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The one and only pinners.
WS, is this an incarnation of you?
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
5.00 a month ain't bad.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:19
Regular
No, but I'm thinking of sueing.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:19
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> 5.00 a month ain't bad.

Depends on how much you'd want to play, and on how many oppitunities you get to play. If you're only able play a few times a month, it's not worth £4.99, not by a long shot.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
£4.99 is still a very small amount. If you do play a lot, it means a very good deal. If you don't, then its not *much* of a loss.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:34
Regular
£5 is begger all even if you don't play much.

It costs the same to go to the Cinema and that usually only lasts a few hours.
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:36
Regular
Not heard much about the plans.

Is it £5 per month for a specific PSO network, or will that be the cost for using a ninty network covering all online games?

And I take it that's instead of call charges?

£5 a month for everything would be good when there are a few more online games around...
Tue 04/02/03 at 17:36
Regular
Yeah but she's tight

Innuendotastic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.