GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game ideas?? Who does it??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 10:24
Regular
You know what I'm going to say probably, but I'll do it anyway?

Who sits in their room, playing away at a game, but thinks, wait a minute, if I had been making this game, then I would have went for this camera view, or this lighting effect, or this control system? I know I do, but when it actually comes down to writing a new idea, from scratch, is there anyone who actually really thinks about it much?

I know that I want to be a games developer, and I would be interested to hear how games companies actually come up with their ideas, do they just imagine them in dreams, or is it as simple as Naughty Dog put it and look at what is missing from any given console games list, then make it, and make it good?

You may never have guessed it, but there is a theoretical side to creativity, apparently one side of our brain cannot express itself with language or communicate is a coherent way. It's the part of our brain which is said to be artistic, now for logical thinkers like me, that would make a lot of sense, but how would I go about turning off one side of my brain and wholly concentrating on the other? When we're younger, we get brought up being told to express ourselves properly, to strive to have a good grasp of language and linguistic technique, but will this hinder our development as a dreamer?

It really makes you see sense that the brain has so many strange and wonderful ways of acting, but as most people never actually hear about what actually happens inside their head, they never get the chance to express the brilliance and the true quality of their mind.
Tue 15/01/02 at 10:24
Regular
You know what I'm going to say probably, but I'll do it anyway?

Who sits in their room, playing away at a game, but thinks, wait a minute, if I had been making this game, then I would have went for this camera view, or this lighting effect, or this control system? I know I do, but when it actually comes down to writing a new idea, from scratch, is there anyone who actually really thinks about it much?

I know that I want to be a games developer, and I would be interested to hear how games companies actually come up with their ideas, do they just imagine them in dreams, or is it as simple as Naughty Dog put it and look at what is missing from any given console games list, then make it, and make it good?

You may never have guessed it, but there is a theoretical side to creativity, apparently one side of our brain cannot express itself with language or communicate is a coherent way. It's the part of our brain which is said to be artistic, now for logical thinkers like me, that would make a lot of sense, but how would I go about turning off one side of my brain and wholly concentrating on the other? When we're younger, we get brought up being told to express ourselves properly, to strive to have a good grasp of language and linguistic technique, but will this hinder our development as a dreamer?

It really makes you see sense that the brain has so many strange and wonderful ways of acting, but as most people never actually hear about what actually happens inside their head, they never get the chance to express the brilliance and the true quality of their mind.
Wed 16/01/02 at 22:22
Regular
"That's right!"
I think we all do it

I use a programme called The Games Factory to make my own games, mostly South Park themed

Although you can't do 3D, you can still do some excellent games on it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.