GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Miyamoto left Nintendo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 09:36
Regular
Mr Yamauchi, President of Nintendo today released a statement confirming the fears of Ninties worldwide. Shigeru Miyamoto could be leaving Nintendo.

Though no official reason has come from Nintendo, the rumours are that he has been altering some of Nintendo's most popular upcoming games into the completely ridiculous.

A designer on the latest Zelda title, who requested not to be named, had the following to say. "At first we thought that the changes to Zelda were for the best. We started to realise the potential of the cel-shaded look, and the project was moving along at an alarming rate. Then he (Miyamoto) came in one day, and insisted that Link must lose the sword. Instead he wanted him to use a flower in battle. Obviously we did not agree, but we fear him, so tried to do as he said."

There are also reports that Luigi's Mansion was actually a 40 hour epic game. Once the ghosts were cleared from the mansion you had to vacuum all of the carpets, and do some decorating. You could even work on the garden. These parts of the game were removed because though they were highly original, they were incredibly dull.

Shania Twain had the following to say "Miyamoto is not normally like this, it doesn't make sense...... Unless he's been replaced by a robot from Microsoft!" Before we could conclude the interview she dashed off, saying something about a 'Mystery Machine'.

Aled Jones was said to be 'not bothered' by the events, and 'didn't care' if Shigeru Miyamoto had gone mad.

Following up on Shania Twain's thoughts that Shigeru Miyamoto could have been replaced by a Microsoft robot we called their headquarters, but the phone was answered by Jeff Capes, who refused to comment.
Tue 15/01/02 at 12:26
"I hate that!!!"
Ok so I feel for that one about shigsy taking over Sony.

But I my gut was telling me that this one was the same so I thought i'd better not make an *ss of myself.
Tue 15/01/02 at 12:18
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> Hmm good post but like hellohowareyou said "coming from Meka it might not
> be reall"

Hehe I just new DOgnuts was gonna reply with something like that.

What a joker, I can remember when someone can't think who it was *cough* Dognuts *cough* beleived that Miyamoto had taken over Sony.
Tue 15/01/02 at 12:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I can smell 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome here.

One day, soon, Meka is going to bring us groundbreaking news, and nobody is going to believe him....
Tue 15/01/02 at 12:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
*Laughing at both the post and the reactions of the people*

Goddamn you lot are thick!

"Replaced with a flower"

LOL!
Tue 15/01/02 at 10:29
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I would also be, but I've drank all of my coffee, and the kettle is down two flights of stairs :(
Tue 15/01/02 at 10:25
Regular
Guys, guys, I'm so depresed by your reaction to this post......

Of course it's not real, that's the whole point of the post, satrical and written to make some people look silly. Meka will be sitting behind his mug of coffee with a cheeky grin and a whole hearted laugh at you two right now, and I don't blame him, so am I........

;)
Tue 15/01/02 at 10:22
"I hate that!!!"
Hmm good post but like hellohowareyou said "coming from Meka it might not be reall"
Tue 15/01/02 at 09:41
"slightlyshortertagl"
i hope this is tru although i doubt it since it was written by Meka.

Whatisdainternet@aol
Tue 15/01/02 at 09:36
Regular
"not dead"
Mr Yamauchi, President of Nintendo today released a statement confirming the fears of Ninties worldwide. Shigeru Miyamoto could be leaving Nintendo.

Though no official reason has come from Nintendo, the rumours are that he has been altering some of Nintendo's most popular upcoming games into the completely ridiculous.

A designer on the latest Zelda title, who requested not to be named, had the following to say. "At first we thought that the changes to Zelda were for the best. We started to realise the potential of the cel-shaded look, and the project was moving along at an alarming rate. Then he (Miyamoto) came in one day, and insisted that Link must lose the sword. Instead he wanted him to use a flower in battle. Obviously we did not agree, but we fear him, so tried to do as he said."

There are also reports that Luigi's Mansion was actually a 40 hour epic game. Once the ghosts were cleared from the mansion you had to vacuum all of the carpets, and do some decorating. You could even work on the garden. These parts of the game were removed because though they were highly original, they were incredibly dull.

Shania Twain had the following to say "Miyamoto is not normally like this, it doesn't make sense...... Unless he's been replaced by a robot from Microsoft!" Before we could conclude the interview she dashed off, saying something about a 'Mystery Machine'.

Aled Jones was said to be 'not bothered' by the events, and 'didn't care' if Shigeru Miyamoto had gone mad.

Following up on Shania Twain's thoughts that Shigeru Miyamoto could have been replaced by a Microsoft robot we called their headquarters, but the phone was answered by Jeff Capes, who refused to comment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.