GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not today, thank you...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
There are some things in life that confuse me immensly, like the two times table for example or even BEARDS' sexuality. But when i read about Microsoft and Sony trying to literally rush their next consoles in order to beat the other to it, I am deeply annoyed and perplexed. When even Nintendo.... Nintendo start to join in with the games, one cannot help but be bemused.

Firstly, all the next generation consoles are more than capable enough of handling the newest games, so be it the developers have to make the textures blander or whatever. So there is definately no need in creating new consoles just to contend with rival companies. When groundbreaking, innovative technology arrives then perhaps the manufactures should then consider creating new disc reading, ultimate games playing entertainment systems. But as it is, right now, there is absolutely no need for new consoles. This could be a put off for potential customers when they know the developers have already got the next console planned, they will inevitably want to get the most from their filthy dough.

When will they learn? There is no ultimate deadline for these machines. Creating deadlines and throwing dates around in the air (not old plumbs) will only put a limit on the innovation, technology and ultimately quality and fun. I mean, if the invention of the motor car had been rushed it would look similar to the food found on Dot Cottons moustache and perform like Johnny Vegas in the grand national, rather than the mean petrol guzzlin', hedgehog crushin', ozone layer destroyin' that they are today.. So... When will they learn? most probably when it is too late and they have had to resort to bankruptcy just to keep their suit and tie, they once took for granted. Maybe Sega could tell you what happens when you start to get greedy? It shouldn't be a race, it should be a hazy sunday afternoon sitting in the park watching atrocious Sunday League footy players, splitting open their ankles and infecting themselves with dirt.

So, when Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo approach you with their new console ideas, simply turn away, and reply "Not today, Thank you", leaving them to have a word or two with Sega, and how it all went wrong.

Cheers
Sfone
Thu 06/02/03 at 18:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Well done mate! It was well deserved. Now go and claim something gamecubey.
Thu 06/02/03 at 18:31
Regular
"QPR 1974"
that is meant to read... now, what do i choose?
because of the excitement :-)
Thu 06/02/03 at 18:29
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Oh my god! I actually won GAD.... I'm soooo pleased. Thanks everyone , cheers SR.
No.... what do i choose?
Tue 04/02/03 at 23:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Sfone wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
> Another good topic Sfone, you are a model n00b, for sure.
>
> Cheers mate, I didn't realise anyone read my other one.

They're both great. You are experienced in writing posts, for sure.

Well done, especially the opener. :D
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:51
Regular
"QPR 1974"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> As for the actual issue, Sony should be let off - they were first in
> and they've actually developed (are developing) a new, interesting
> peice of technolodgy which seem like it will really push not only the
> gaming industry, but technolodgy as a whole, further.

Well, I suppose it was unfair to blame all the developers, but theoretically they are pressurising each other by mentioning new consoles. PS2 is becoming outdated in terms of technology but still has a lot of potential. Just look at Splinter Cell- Looks excellent on the Xbox, they said it wouldn't be possible on any other console, but 'ey-up' Splinter Cell comeing to PS2 + Gamecube in the spring. Ps2 still have the possibilities bought from the new I-toy (or eye toy - I can't remember) I still seriously doubt that Sony (and Sony alone) have this new groundbreaking technology exclusive to them, and I highly doubt that this will be nessacary move forwards, unlees it is like virtual reality or something similar. But, at this current stage in time... gamers should be sitting pretty with 2003 looking like another excellent year for games.
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:49
Regular
*points to Playstation 3*

I rest my case. Er on my lap, on the tube, hmmmm forgot my point.
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:47
"period drama"
*Trumpets sound, banner furl*
*Holds up scroll*
*Clears throat*

Ninty have annonced a new console.
The Gamcube .... 2.
Genius.

*Struts*
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Good post, but i havent heard any new consoles from Nintendo.
If there is one, can someone please tell me.
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:41
"period drama"
No problem.

As for the actual issue, Sony should be let off - they were first in and they've actually developed (are developing) a new, interesting peice of technolodgy which seem like it will really push not only the gaming industry, but technolodgy as a whole, further.
Unless they're spouting a load of balls.
Which is possible.

And the machine will slip a few years. A have a feeling.
Ninty and 'Soft have kind of been forced to pull a new console out the bag, which really isn't fair.
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:37
Regular
"QPR 1974"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Another good topic Sfone, you are a model n00b, for sure.

Cheers mate, I didn't realise anyone read my other one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.