GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lair finished!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Lair'.
Thu 26/07/07 at 09:44
"possibly impossible"
Well, looks like one of the big hitters Sony need to get people buying the PS3 is actually going to make it out on time. Lair, the dragon game that sees you fighting huge armies in the air and on the ground, partly using the Sixaxis motion to fly, should be in US shops on 14th August.

This, of course, means we'll see it here a bit later, but it's still this year and not that far off. In the meantime we have a Heavenly Sword demo to download today, which looks stunning. Another game that should wow a few people into getting a PS3.

After that it's GT5 Concept, a download game with 40 cars and full online mode that serves as a preview to the full GT5.

Life is slowly looking a little better for us PS3 owners...
Thu 26/07/07 at 09:44
"possibly impossible"
Well, looks like one of the big hitters Sony need to get people buying the PS3 is actually going to make it out on time. Lair, the dragon game that sees you fighting huge armies in the air and on the ground, partly using the Sixaxis motion to fly, should be in US shops on 14th August.

This, of course, means we'll see it here a bit later, but it's still this year and not that far off. In the meantime we have a Heavenly Sword demo to download today, which looks stunning. Another game that should wow a few people into getting a PS3.

After that it's GT5 Concept, a download game with 40 cars and full online mode that serves as a preview to the full GT5.

Life is slowly looking a little better for us PS3 owners...
Thu 26/07/07 at 14:08
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Surprised actually, I'd have thought it would have been launched nearer the christmas period instead of august.
Thu 26/07/07 at 20:45
Regular
"8==="
Is this the one where they dumped the entire single player because it was crap and made it a multiplayer only title?
Thu 26/07/07 at 20:50
Regular
The trailer I saw looked like the flying section from Zelda XD
Fri 27/07/07 at 00:21
"possibly impossible"
Hedfix wrote:
> Is this the one where they dumped the entire single player
> because it was crap and made it a multiplayer only title?

Nope, that was Warhawk, but the multiplayer is now a completely new game which should also get a Blu-ray release. And so far it looks great.
Fri 27/07/07 at 00:24
Regular
"8==="
Ah yeah, both games are crowbarring the tilt function in there so I got them mixed-up.
Fri 27/07/07 at 09:01
"possibly impossible"
nah, Warhawk is in-house and used it from the start for full flight contols.

In fact it was used to demo the system.

Lair played about with the idea and found it worked well for flying, so they used it.

So, a bit like saying Nintendo shoe-horned the motion contols into Wii Sports, then...
Sat 28/07/07 at 13:46
Regular
"8==="
Not really as Nintendo weren't lazy about their control setup and got the majority of developers interested in the setup as opposed to receiving a reaction that amounted to one giant 'meh' from the industry.

Thus we have two games that really aren't particularly interesting trying to be different by using a control feature that wasn't exactly well thought through in the first place.

The games and control setup match each other pefectly in their desperation.

And just to clarify: Warhawk's in-house yeah? So even Sony couldn't get the single player of one of it's own games to be good enough for release using the tilt fuction? Bodes well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.