GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"have nintendo lost the plot"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 19:38
Regular
Nintendo, once the greatest games developers with timeless classics such as super mario world, mario 64 and zelda occ. But notice something similar about all of these. They are all 40 hr + epics. Now nintendo decide to make games shorter to produce more and to make them accessible to everyone to finish. My view, 8 hr games a good game does not make. If this doesn't show nintendo making games for little kiddies i don't know what does.
Tue 15/01/02 at 19:20
But we've already seen it on major titles such as Pikmin and Luigi's mansion neither of which were multiplayer and yet still important titles [especially Luigi's Mansion]
Mon 14/01/02 at 21:01
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I'd rather play 3 Long, great games, instead of 6, short and boring ones. As strafex said, I'm sure that they will only apply it to multiplayers and such.
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:58
Regular
You're right. Apparently, Nintendo have gone in for this stupid "short but sweet" policy...

I've been told that they're not applying it to major games like Mario and Zelda though so there's no need to really worry about it.

I think that the only games with an excuse to be short and sweet are multiplayer based games because they don't need long single player modes to keep the player occupied.

And then there's Perfect Dark with both.
I checked the stats today to see how much I'd played it.
Apparently, I've spent 55 hours on the single player missions and over 80 hours in the Combat Simulator!

That's over 135 hours overall on one game (still doesn't beat Pokemon Red's 800 hours though...).
I hope that with the Gamecube version being slowdown free and online playable, it might even double that tally!
Mon 14/01/02 at 19:46
I thank you for your complimants and quite happily exceptbefore laughing in everbodies face and laughing
Mon 14/01/02 at 19:41
Regular
"¬_¬"
I was expecting spam when clicking on this, but no. I like you. Your topic has got some thought and depth to it. I now pronounce you most intellegent JAT (which isn't much of a feat, when compared to your oppostion). :D
Mon 14/01/02 at 19:38
Nintendo, once the greatest games developers with timeless classics such as super mario world, mario 64 and zelda occ. But notice something similar about all of these. They are all 40 hr + epics. Now nintendo decide to make games shorter to produce more and to make them accessible to everyone to finish. My view, 8 hr games a good game does not make. If this doesn't show nintendo making games for little kiddies i don't know what does.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.