GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Screen, arghh"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 19:15
Regular
I've recently bought a new DVD player and when I flick my TV over to RGB it shows everything in Red with a hint of green.

Does the DVD player not support it or something?
Tue 15/01/02 at 14:49
The scart connector should mean you just can just put a disc in and watch it without messing around with settings e.t.c. I can only think of two things to do now;

1) The most daunting one, maybe, is to get your instruction book for the tv and DVD, find out how you reset them both to factory default settings and then try them. If they dont work then the DVD player is almost certainly faulty as you know your tv is okay.

2) Forget messing up your tv and return the player to the shop, if it is within 30 days most shops offer an exchange for new and seeing as it has never been right to start wiht this is what you should get, if they quibble, and you have your receipt and packaging, then start uttering phrases about trading standards as the player is clearly faulty and does not do the job it was intended for. If it gets to this stage then get your money back and go elsewhere... you can tell I bought a tv from Dixons once cant you ? :)
Tue 15/01/02 at 03:08
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
what player is it? you might have to tinker with the settings. my ps2 went all red when i put my ntsc converter on but switching it to RGB in the ps2 settings fixed it which was strange as it's on a phono which can't do rgb.

my sister has an LG player which makes the screen go green if your playing it through a scart cable and switch it over at the back from composit to s video.

try all the setting mate
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Back For Good"
Good point, I checked all the settings/options on the DVD player but never thought to look at the TV, thanks. Oh and it's connected through a full pin scart connecter direct from the player to the TV :-)
Mon 14/01/02 at 19:53
what is the DVD player connected to the TV with, and does it pass through any other things like Sky box, VCR E.t.c ?

Other things which I can think of straight away are;
see if your tv has a "tint" setting ?

if possible connect the DVD player using a different type of connection e.g. RF lead. This is just to see if it is a problem with a setting or the player, because obviously if it is a problem with the player/tv it will be the same all the time, if it isnt then its a prob with the type of connection.

check your tv instruction book to find out which ( if it has more than 1) connection supports RGB out.

I think, but Im not sure, that you shouldnt need to change any settings on the tv to get RGB, especially if it is connected with a scart lead.

Dont know if any of this is helpful !
Mon 14/01/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've recently bought a new DVD player and when I flick my TV over to RGB it shows everything in Red with a hint of green.

Does the DVD player not support it or something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.