GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam mail"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/07 at 11:04
Regular
I have noticed that the spam mail is on the increase again, Natwest and Halifax Banks this morning along with numerous requests for online greetings cards from so called friends, I know they are spam as I have no friends :-)

I do fwd these as an attachment to Freeola, but do you get them? when I send to my own bank (HBOS) they actually acknowledge receipt and so does O2 I often wonder if Freeola actually do get my messages?

Kev
Thu 26/07/07 at 19:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I know that, but the message they get back when I click the 'bounce' button is identical to the one they'd get if my address didn't exist.
Thu 26/07/07 at 08:59
Regular
I read some where that you should not respond to spam mail as once you reply, they then know your address to be active and then they bombard you with even more spam? I tend to fwd them to the company that they are trying to be, if that mnakes sense. Ebay fake emails get sent to [email protected] HBOS get sent to [email protected] (nice and short email addy) freeola ones I send to [email protected] etc etc
Thu 26/07/07 at 02:45
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Timmargh,
> Have you found this to be effective? ...

Occasionally, depends on the source obviously. I use it because it's easy: just a couple of clicks, rather than replying with "unsubscribe" or following a link or whatever which I hate doing when I didn't ask for the email in the first place.
Wed 25/07/07 at 19:41
Regular
I dont have a MAC I have PCs with XP

Timmargh wrote:
> In the standard email app in Mac OS X there's a 'bounce' button
> which sends the email back to the sender so it looks as if your
> address doesn't exist. Of course it's no good if their own
> address it fake or spoofed.
Wed 25/07/07 at 18:00
"Are you sure?"
Timmargh wrote:
> In the standard email app in Mac OS X there's a 'bounce' button
> which sends the email back to the sender so it looks as if your
> address doesn't exist. Of course it's no good if their own
> address it fake or spoofed.

Hi Timmargh,
Have you found this to be effective?
Often 'bouncing' spam emails is seen as a bad thing to do.

As you say, lots of spammers also spoof the reply address...
Wed 25/07/07 at 14:47
Regular
"Twenty quid."
In the standard email app in Mac OS X there's a 'bounce' button which sends the email back to the sender so it looks as if your address doesn't exist. Of course it's no good if their own address it fake or spoofed.
Wed 25/07/07 at 11:23
Regular
Hi Kev,
I've also seen an increase in similar emails.

The link in the 'online greeting card' that's doing the rounds takes you to a malicious website that contains a virus, so don't follow the link!

For any suspicious emails you get it's always worth pasting some of the text into Google to see if it's a hoax or malicious email.
Wed 25/07/07 at 11:04
Regular
I have noticed that the spam mail is on the increase again, Natwest and Halifax Banks this morning along with numerous requests for online greetings cards from so called friends, I know they are spam as I have no friends :-)

I do fwd these as an attachment to Freeola, but do you get them? when I send to my own bank (HBOS) they actually acknowledge receipt and so does O2 I often wonder if Freeola actually do get my messages?

Kev

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.