GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Postal 2, YOU JUST HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT ! ! !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Postal 2'.
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:13
Regular
If you're not a gamer leave now as this is about. . . a game. It's actually about ' Postal2 '. For those of you who didn't play the original, it was a top-down/diagonal view game and you played and unknown character who basically goes postal. . . meaning psycho.

The original was hugely contraversial and was banned in many states of the U.S for it's violent scenes and disturbing gameplay, which usually involved innocent people in rather graphic and excellent sounding ways.

The point is, I remember reading about a second Postal game being made and thought nothing of it until I stumbled across it tonight. Unless someone else has already mentioned this game, I am bringing in something which is going to be talked about for a long time until release.

The sequel has been updated to a FPS (First person shooter) mode so now the violence is upclose and personal so to speak. Just from viewing one video of it, makes me go crazy. This game is definately gonna shake some cages and Bush will probably try to ban it and blame it on terrorist but who cares. From the video you see a variety of weapons including Shovels, scissors, grenades, matches and petrol, m16's, shotguns, chainsaws and loads more.

This game is using the same A.I system as the previous but it's gonna be much more updated. The graphic engine is also an updated Unreal engine. It also features Gary Coleman as he has done most of the Motion capturing make all the different movements like shooting, running and falling to the ground burning. This is shown on a video on the site which I will give to you very soon.

Another part you see on the video is your character at some kind of zoo where there is elephants and you blow them up with grenades. Just check out the video's and see all of the heavily populated eareas and destructable levels. AHHHHHH I can't stop thinking about it.

This game really only looks like it's for the small minded violent loving people. But theres a bit of that in all of us.

Here is the official site, check out ALL the screenshots and decide for yourself what it's gonna be like.

www.gopostal.com and then go to Postal2 at the side.

MAN THIS GAME LOOKS SWEET ! ! ! !
Thu 06/02/03 at 09:14
"possibly impossible"
The idea of Postal was quite good and the presentation at times was interesting, with some nice little effects such as the screen blurring occassionaly to give the impression of insanity. I still have the demo of the original, it gets pretty samey after the first level, which was the major problem.

I can't really see the sequel being any different, despite the style of the game changing.
Wed 05/02/03 at 22:58
Regular
"That's right!"
I really liked the original Postal, played it loads. You could hit Q and shoot yourself in the mouth. Any game that lets you do that is alright by me.

As for the sequel, I heard about it about 6 months ago (probably longer) and was interested back then, still am now.
Wed 05/02/03 at 22:41
Regular
The original Postal was really, really crap.

This looks pretty good....sort of.

It's gonna be banned though, no doubt about it.
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:26
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I thought the original Postal was excellent, sure now it may be rubbish due to competing amazing graphics but back then I thought it was class.
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:25
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Its being released for March. . . I should have my new comp by then. . .WOPPPWOWOWWOOWPWPWWWP
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The original Postal was rubbish.
Much Like Hooligans: Storm over Europe, it attempted to sell merely because it was contreversial. I don't imagine Postal 2 will be much better.
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:21
"period drama"
Yeah, I'm sure that'll get past the censors.
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:19
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I forgot to mention you can PEE on people you kill and stick your m16 up a cats butt then shoot out its mouth then fire the cat at people.

OAFsbdj kfdsbkblsnkb I WANT IT NOW ! ! ! !
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:13
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
If you're not a gamer leave now as this is about. . . a game. It's actually about ' Postal2 '. For those of you who didn't play the original, it was a top-down/diagonal view game and you played and unknown character who basically goes postal. . . meaning psycho.

The original was hugely contraversial and was banned in many states of the U.S for it's violent scenes and disturbing gameplay, which usually involved innocent people in rather graphic and excellent sounding ways.

The point is, I remember reading about a second Postal game being made and thought nothing of it until I stumbled across it tonight. Unless someone else has already mentioned this game, I am bringing in something which is going to be talked about for a long time until release.

The sequel has been updated to a FPS (First person shooter) mode so now the violence is upclose and personal so to speak. Just from viewing one video of it, makes me go crazy. This game is definately gonna shake some cages and Bush will probably try to ban it and blame it on terrorist but who cares. From the video you see a variety of weapons including Shovels, scissors, grenades, matches and petrol, m16's, shotguns, chainsaws and loads more.

This game is using the same A.I system as the previous but it's gonna be much more updated. The graphic engine is also an updated Unreal engine. It also features Gary Coleman as he has done most of the Motion capturing make all the different movements like shooting, running and falling to the ground burning. This is shown on a video on the site which I will give to you very soon.

Another part you see on the video is your character at some kind of zoo where there is elephants and you blow them up with grenades. Just check out the video's and see all of the heavily populated eareas and destructable levels. AHHHHHH I can't stop thinking about it.

This game really only looks like it's for the small minded violent loving people. But theres a bit of that in all of us.

Here is the official site, check out ALL the screenshots and decide for yourself what it's gonna be like.

www.gopostal.com and then go to Postal2 at the side.

MAN THIS GAME LOOKS SWEET ! ! ! !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.