GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bounty Hunter and Twisted Metal Black"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Twisted Metal Black'.
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:19
Regular
Anyone got these two titles. Thinking of getting them, so i'd like to know how you rate them.
Mon 10/02/03 at 16:36
Regular
No problem, I hope some of it helped. For more info, there are lots of reviews on this website. Just go to the search box and type in the game you`re after, and you can find lists of staff and customer reviews as well as other info and pictures.
Mon 10/02/03 at 16:19
Regular
thanx for the great info!
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:29
Regular
I have Bounty Hunter, and my bro has Twisted Metal. They both seem to be in a similar league if you ask me. They are both quite exciting, and both come armed with lots of weapons, but have a similar flaw. The controls and camera (though the latter is more a Bounty Hunter thing really) tend to affect the gameplay a little. The controls in particular feel quite loose in both, sometimes making you lose control when you feel you really shouldn`t have.

One major thing to note though, the presentation of Twisted Metal Black was sent completely down the drain hole when the cut scenes were taken out. It was around the September 11th time I think, and things were cut because of violence. Instead of just censoring parts though, they yanked out everything so there is no story to it, its just a load of cars in a tournament. If you want to follow a proper story and find out exactly whats going on through nice cut scenes then Bounty Hunter would be better.

For lastability, both have significant replayability if you enjoy it first time round. Bounty Hunter will ask you to go back again and try to collect bounties you missed first time (in the first few levels I didn`t get a single one) which will mean you'll be repeating many levels. This doesn`t seem to cause a problem as each level is quite alive, making it fun to return after a while. The actual process of capturing your bounty is also quite different to some of the parts of the game experienced first time through, so that again makes it a different and more enjoyable experience.

Twisted Metal also has plenty of replay value simply because its worth playing through the game with each different vehicle. The choice is extremely varied (heavy tanks with slow manoeuverability but big weapons, or tiny sports cars with great moves but weak weapons and many other differences) so completing the game again but with a different vehicle is actually a worth while experience.

Graphically they are both fairly decent. Neither is a show case for modern technology, but neither of them are let down by major graphical glitches. Occasionally in Bounty Hunter you may think "Hey I`ve already shot that guy" as many of the enemies become a little generic, but it usually isn`t a problem. The textures in Bounty Hunter are more advanced thanks to its more recent release date, making it a more solid looking game, but this loss is unnoticeable in Twisted Metal Black as you spend most of the time frantically shooting at the bad guys, not worrying about your environment.

Something to consider is the price, as there could be a major difference between the two. As Bounty Hunter is a new release, it could be quite hard to find it for less than £30 first hand, though there should be some second hand copies floating around somewhere. On the other hand, Twisted Metal Black has been around for sometime, and as it wasn't a major hit when it was released (nobody seemed to even notice) it can be found quite cheap both first and second hand. If price is a major consideration, then its quite likely that TMB will win hands down.

If I had to choose one of the two, then I`d go for Bounty Hunter as I`m a massive Star Wars fan, but ignoring my own feelings in that respect, the better game from the point of view of somebody who isn`t totally into Star Wars, is probably Twisted Metal Black. If you feel you can afford both though then they are sufficiently different from eachother to make themselves both worthwhile choices. Have fun choosing!
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:19
Regular
Anyone got these two titles. Thinking of getting them, so i'd like to know how you rate them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.