GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anelka at Liverpool"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 17:36
Regular
As we all know by now, 'Monsieur Whinger' Nicolas Anelka is back in Premiership football. It may only be a loan spell at Liverpool lasting untill the end of the season, but he's back!! What does this mean for Liverpool, the rest of the Premiership, and us fans?? Could this mean that we are to see (or hear) a repeat of what went on with him during his time at Arsenal?? You know what I mean, the whining! A repeat of this at another big club (that'd be 4 now!) could throw his career into jeopardy, as he faces what he's done to managers, at him!!

At Arsenal he started very well, looking like a fantastic prospect for both club and country. His time at Highbury, after Paris-Saint Germain, soon earnt him a place in the French squad, where he became known as a predator of European football. But only a few years into his contract he began to chnage. Despite consisting of a squad of fellow full French internationals, and a respected French manager, he became unhappy and wanted to leave. Why?? Apparently due to the club's 'lack of ambition to win things'! And soon after his £23m 'dream move' to Real Madrid, it was no longer "THERE'S ONLY ONE NIC ANELKA" being sung in the stands, now you heard "WHO NEEDS ANELKA WHEN WE'VE GOT KANU"!! But he will always be remembered by Arsenal fans for the many goals he put past Manchester United (DAMN HIM!!).

After critisism at Arsenal, and a move to the Bernenbau, things seemed to be going up in the world of football for Nicolas Anelka, and he still had his place in the French squad. Hoping for a start like his one at Arsenal, he'd soon realise that dreams don't always come true. And for a huge majority of that season in Spain, it seemed more like a nightmare for the stroppy Frenchman!! Some say he had it coming to him, but it wasn't to signify the end of his 'end of Highbury days' ways... After more moaning, sulking and only 2 or 3 goals in all competitions (LOL!!), the £23m man was also on the verge of a shock retirement, at the age of 21!! It seemed that life was too much for Anelka and football almost ended. In the end he stayed in the game, and completed a cycle of transfers back to day one, with Paris-Saint Germain. Hoping for a second chance???

A second spell in France only seemed to do him good. Even after loosing his place in the squad to the likes of Laurent Robert he managed to feature in the first 11! It meant a new step in the direction of a 'playmaker'! Playing behing the front 2, supporting the attack. It was all suddenly looking like the future might be getting brighter again for the young Frenchman. But once again, the grey clouds returned, causing more problems and troubles in only his second season following his return. Due to a lack of first team football he began to seek elsewhere. He didn't care where or how, just as long as he played. And Liverpool stepped in with an answer.

And this is where we are today. Since making his Anfield debut several weeks ago, he may have struggled to tally up the goals, but has been playing well and is yet to be claimed as 'unhappy'. Is Phil Thompson the man to help solve Anelka's sentimental problems deep down??? After scoring his first and only goal agaist Birmingham, it looks as if things could be looking up in his world. But will things remain the same when Gerard Houllier returns from his rehabilitation???

After all, Houllier hasn't always got on too well with players. There were rumours last season of a bust up with Robbie Fowler. He's finally left now and is playing brilliantly at Leeds. Paul Ince has to have been one of the fireyest players to walk out at Anfield. The kop have always sung "YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE", but Incey was forced to train alone, before completing a move to Middelsbrough. And he wasn't alone either! Sean Dundee (remember him??) was also in Houlier's bad books. After only 1 or 2 substitute appearences he was forced to train alone with Paul Ince, seperate from the first team. He also soon left Anfield, and was off to VFB Stuttgart to revive his dreams of playing for Germany (which he did)!

So as you can see, Houllier doesn't always see 'eye-to-eye' with unhappy or unsettled players. One moan or complaint from Anelka could force Houllier to cancel Anelka's loan deal, or at least forget about any 'first option to buy him after loan spell' deals! Will Anelka be able to handle the Premiership's demanding pressures?? The Arsenal fans didn't exactly give him a 'warm welocme' yesterday at Highbury! And i'm not to sure Man United would do him any favours either, after certain match performances!

So,how long do you think Nic Anelka will be around for?? Will he retire early?? Will he casue Houllier more heart problems, and should he be signed permanently???
If they can sort out his temperment, then I feel that he is defintiley a candidate to replace Robbie Fowler!!
Thu 17/01/02 at 19:41
Regular
Yeah they did have a bust up but they sorted it out and s kind of became friends again.
Thu 17/01/02 at 19:05
hi there !!

ok, anelka did lot of things wrong in his life, but this was during a time he was very very young. to my mind he got enough of experience now causing him know how to behave as a football player of such a high standart- altough he is still young. he will need time to get comletely accepted by the tam but sooner or later this will happen - at least induced by realising his great skills. nobody knows how the relationship between him and houllier will develop, but perhaps it is wrong to compare anelka with ince, fowler or even dundee ( who played only once for germany and then got worse and worse). anelka is a total individual and so we can only hope for a good future for him and - connected by this- a brillant season for the Reds :-)
Wed 16/01/02 at 15:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Thanks Slave2Games. With a bit more time, maybe Anelka will start to shine again like at Arsenal, as long as Houllier doesn't mess it yp again!

I also missed out the fact that Houllier was once manager of France. And he always left out David Ginola, one of the most talented left wingers the Premiership's ever seen (a few years back), causing more upset and moaning. I also heard he had problems with Cantona as well!!

So as you can see, despite signing a few of them, Houlier doesn't always see 'eye-to-eye' with his fellow Frenchen!! Maybe they become so upset because they feel they have an advantage, as they are of the same nationallity as the manager?? And when he says no, they say "WAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!" like little babies!
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:57
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I said:
"Anelkas been here for six weeks!?"

Sorry, I meant seven
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:56
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Anelkas been here for six weeks!? call me crazy, but didn't he only sign just before christmas?When I say, that, I mean he started playing just before christmas, making his debut against West Ham. Nice post Solskjær_24
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah Fowler did have a bust up with Phil Thompson, so would I if I was a Liverpool player! I'd start on at him about the size of his nose, lol!! For some reason I just hate him though, I don't know why?? It's like when I hated Roy Keane last season for some reason??

And it was reported in papers last year that Fowler became unhappy with Houllier after not getting enough first team football, and he was just generally unhappy. Maybe it has something to do with his bust up with Thompson??
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:48
Regular
Most likely depends upon how he performs this season.

He looks a shadow of the player he was at Arsenal. Nothing like his best, maybe with a few games under his belt he may find that old form. But more than likely to go home to France sulking...

He has the potential to replace Fowler. But in the last few matches he aint really been getting the service from midfield. Its the same with Owen at the moment really. Liverpool are way too defensive and are having to play a different style of game since everyone has caught onto how to play against them.

Maybe It may take a while for them to sort it out...maybe it wont get better till houllier gets back...But what if houllier doesnt come back?

Didnt Fowler have a bust up with Phil Thompson?
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
As we all know by now, 'Monsieur Whinger' Nicolas Anelka is back in Premiership football. It may only be a loan spell at Liverpool lasting untill the end of the season, but he's back!! What does this mean for Liverpool, the rest of the Premiership, and us fans?? Could this mean that we are to see (or hear) a repeat of what went on with him during his time at Arsenal?? You know what I mean, the whining! A repeat of this at another big club (that'd be 4 now!) could throw his career into jeopardy, as he faces what he's done to managers, at him!!

At Arsenal he started very well, looking like a fantastic prospect for both club and country. His time at Highbury, after Paris-Saint Germain, soon earnt him a place in the French squad, where he became known as a predator of European football. But only a few years into his contract he began to chnage. Despite consisting of a squad of fellow full French internationals, and a respected French manager, he became unhappy and wanted to leave. Why?? Apparently due to the club's 'lack of ambition to win things'! And soon after his £23m 'dream move' to Real Madrid, it was no longer "THERE'S ONLY ONE NIC ANELKA" being sung in the stands, now you heard "WHO NEEDS ANELKA WHEN WE'VE GOT KANU"!! But he will always be remembered by Arsenal fans for the many goals he put past Manchester United (DAMN HIM!!).

After critisism at Arsenal, and a move to the Bernenbau, things seemed to be going up in the world of football for Nicolas Anelka, and he still had his place in the French squad. Hoping for a start like his one at Arsenal, he'd soon realise that dreams don't always come true. And for a huge majority of that season in Spain, it seemed more like a nightmare for the stroppy Frenchman!! Some say he had it coming to him, but it wasn't to signify the end of his 'end of Highbury days' ways... After more moaning, sulking and only 2 or 3 goals in all competitions (LOL!!), the £23m man was also on the verge of a shock retirement, at the age of 21!! It seemed that life was too much for Anelka and football almost ended. In the end he stayed in the game, and completed a cycle of transfers back to day one, with Paris-Saint Germain. Hoping for a second chance???

A second spell in France only seemed to do him good. Even after loosing his place in the squad to the likes of Laurent Robert he managed to feature in the first 11! It meant a new step in the direction of a 'playmaker'! Playing behing the front 2, supporting the attack. It was all suddenly looking like the future might be getting brighter again for the young Frenchman. But once again, the grey clouds returned, causing more problems and troubles in only his second season following his return. Due to a lack of first team football he began to seek elsewhere. He didn't care where or how, just as long as he played. And Liverpool stepped in with an answer.

And this is where we are today. Since making his Anfield debut several weeks ago, he may have struggled to tally up the goals, but has been playing well and is yet to be claimed as 'unhappy'. Is Phil Thompson the man to help solve Anelka's sentimental problems deep down??? After scoring his first and only goal agaist Birmingham, it looks as if things could be looking up in his world. But will things remain the same when Gerard Houllier returns from his rehabilitation???

After all, Houllier hasn't always got on too well with players. There were rumours last season of a bust up with Robbie Fowler. He's finally left now and is playing brilliantly at Leeds. Paul Ince has to have been one of the fireyest players to walk out at Anfield. The kop have always sung "YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE", but Incey was forced to train alone, before completing a move to Middelsbrough. And he wasn't alone either! Sean Dundee (remember him??) was also in Houlier's bad books. After only 1 or 2 substitute appearences he was forced to train alone with Paul Ince, seperate from the first team. He also soon left Anfield, and was off to VFB Stuttgart to revive his dreams of playing for Germany (which he did)!

So as you can see, Houllier doesn't always see 'eye-to-eye' with unhappy or unsettled players. One moan or complaint from Anelka could force Houllier to cancel Anelka's loan deal, or at least forget about any 'first option to buy him after loan spell' deals! Will Anelka be able to handle the Premiership's demanding pressures?? The Arsenal fans didn't exactly give him a 'warm welocme' yesterday at Highbury! And i'm not to sure Man United would do him any favours either, after certain match performances!

So,how long do you think Nic Anelka will be around for?? Will he retire early?? Will he casue Houllier more heart problems, and should he be signed permanently???
If they can sort out his temperment, then I feel that he is defintiley a candidate to replace Robbie Fowler!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.