GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why don't YOU get an import Cube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/02/03 at 13:58
Regular
With the issues that have now surfaced concerning the Freeloader, I was just wondering why all the Ninty fans out there don't get a USA Cube that has been modded to play both US and JAP games.

Yes I know Freeloader works on most games, but the big problems with Res Evil 0 and a number of issues surfacing with Metroid to name but one game and you've got to wonder about the viability of the product. And all this before Ninty start tinkering with the internals of the GC – I can’t imagine it would be hard for them to change a small line of bios code and scupper the Freeloader all together. But that is another topic I guess.

In all fairness, the loading problems do all seem to be based around the fact that you need to use the correct boot method (freeloader has 3) to get different games to work, but you would have to say that there is a fair chance that big future games (Zelda) may not work.

So the other option? As I said at the start of this post, why not sell the UK cube and get a USA modded machine? The machine costs the same as a UK CG and to get US/JAP import games is pretty much the same price as the UK releases anyway. In some cases it's cheaper - Metroid Prime for £29.99 delivered anyone?

Just wondered what you own thoughts on this subject are. No flaming please, just interested to hear why (if indeed this is the case) you don't think the import road is for you.

For the record I have a UK Cube and was hoping freeloader would be the answer to my import blues. Waiting another 2 months of M Prime, Res Evil 0 and even longer for Zelda is depressing really. But with the problems, I’m not sure about freeloader anymore. Kinda’ half thinking about going for a modded cube, dunno.

Metroid Prime (US) + Res Evil 0 (US) + Zelda (US)(pre order) = £90 sounds sweet to me!

Thoughts and comments anyone!?
Fri 07/02/03 at 02:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I really dont know why Goblin have such a bad rep. Im pleased with their service, and postage is very fast, although you do pay for that.
Thu 06/02/03 at 22:52
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Why don't I get an import Cube?
>
> There are many reasons, but here are just the main points:
>
>    • I don't want to buy import games
>    • All the games I want are going to have a UK
> release anyway
>    • I can't see why people find it so hard to wait for
> a game to be released*
>    • I don't feel the need to become disappointed when
> my 'Cube breaks and my warrany is non-existent due to modifications/my
> software doesn't do exactly as it should.
>
> Sure, I'll be getting an Action Replay - but not for the freeloader
> implementation...

Animal Crossing?
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:54
Regular
No!

Not Goblin!

KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and kill Edgy too.
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ebay
Goblindirect (IF you can bear the poor customer service)
Lik sang
dvdbox office

:)
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:49
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> You can do bulliet points here?

I can - yes :)
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Just out of interest,

Where does everybody buy their import GC games from? I'd be interested in buying a NTSC Cube, but what sites do you guys use to get your games? A couple i've looked at have been a little more expensive than games here, but quite a few people have said you can get them for the same cost (and some even cheaper!)

Cheers,
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
You can do bulliet points here?
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:37
Regular
Why don't I get an import Cube?

There are many reasons, but here are just the main points:

• I don't want to buy import games
   • All the games I want are going to have a UK release anyway
   • I can't see why people find it so hard to wait for a game to be released*
   • I don't feel the need to become disappointed when my 'Cube breaks and my warrany is non-existent due to modifications/my software doesn't do exactly as it should.

Sure, I'll be getting an Action Replay - but not for the freeloader implementation...

*Note: I have been gaming ever since I can remember - and yet it takes little effort for me to wait for the majority of games I want to be released.
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:26
Regular
T̃hi wrote:
> I have an import cube. beats putting a disk in every time I want to
> play NTSC games.

How physically exhausting.

I don't know how i'll ever survive.

Hehe

Tphi is still trying to justify the purchase of his import Cube. You crack me up mate.
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'm getting a freeloader to play Animal Crossing mainly, only other
> games that i'll get are games that aren't released in the UK, Pro Evo
> being one of them.

I am sorry!! Pro Evo = no UK release

*faints*

awakens, looks at post

*faints again*

Really?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.