GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSM2 Review Scores - Feb"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/02/03 at 15:27
Regular
Sony's 'unofficial' magazine which I picked up yesterday scores as follows:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars 69%
"A scramble of different levels and vehicles, and varying levels of quality that hang together as effectively as a coat of spaghetti"
FM's Opinion: "Hmm...maybe"

Legends of Wrestling 2 68%
"Hardcore wrestling fans will find a lot to be pleased about, for a bit, but everyone else should ponder carefully before shelling out"
FM's Opinion: "I don't like wrestling games"

Contra: Shattered Soldier 52%
"OK, it's a 'classic', but then so was Warlords of Atlantis - and you wouldn't pay top whack to watch that now, would you?"
FM's Opinion: "Didn't even enjoy the original"

Wild Arms 3 71%
"Surprisingly non-plodding and punchy for a role player, but shallow on plot and frustrating as soon as you hit the world map"
FM's Opinion: "My game of the month, this one"

Silent Hill 2: Directors Cut 89%
"The definitive SH2 package, but its true value can only accurately be gauged in accordance to how 'into' the game you really are."
FM's Opinion: "Get it unless you've already got the original SH2"

The Simpsons Skateboarding 9%
"Worst. Game. Everrr. Nearly. For the love of God, don't ever let Electronic Arts make a Simpsons game again. Appalling."
FM's Opinion: "Agreed"

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance 85%
"A big surprise, a big score, and a sequel that gives Mortal Kombat more than a fighting chance of continued success."
FM's Opinion: "Runner up for my game of the month"

SOS: The Final Escape 81%
"A well-balanced, gripping and, at times, intentionally funny action adventure that deserves to score highly on your Richter scale."
FM's Opinion: "Heard a lot of other people say similar good things about this one, so I'll probably get it".

Import Reviews

Dead to Rights (NTSC Japan) 77%
"OK, so it might reek more than a little of Max Payne, but Dead to Rights has more variety, attitude and innovation"

The Mark of Kri (NTSC US) 74%
"A decent attempt at improving on the hack 'n' slasher. It's enjoyable, but hampered by annoying flaws and its all-too brief nature."

(FM has no opinion on Imports until they get converted to PAL format).
Thu 06/02/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Kastro wrote:
> When is this released?

28th Feb according to Sony's official release date list. Could slip by a week or two, they usually do when I use this particular list...
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:01
According to SR:

28/02/2003 for the PC version
TBA for the PS2 version...

Why?
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:48
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Silent Hill 2: Directors Cut 89%
> "The definitive SH2 package, but its true value can only
> accurately be gauged in accordance to how 'into' the game you really
> are."
> FM's Opinion: "Get it unless you've already got the original
> SH2"

When is this released?
Thu 06/02/03 at 15:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sony's 'unofficial' magazine which I picked up yesterday scores as follows:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars 69%
"A scramble of different levels and vehicles, and varying levels of quality that hang together as effectively as a coat of spaghetti"
FM's Opinion: "Hmm...maybe"

Legends of Wrestling 2 68%
"Hardcore wrestling fans will find a lot to be pleased about, for a bit, but everyone else should ponder carefully before shelling out"
FM's Opinion: "I don't like wrestling games"

Contra: Shattered Soldier 52%
"OK, it's a 'classic', but then so was Warlords of Atlantis - and you wouldn't pay top whack to watch that now, would you?"
FM's Opinion: "Didn't even enjoy the original"

Wild Arms 3 71%
"Surprisingly non-plodding and punchy for a role player, but shallow on plot and frustrating as soon as you hit the world map"
FM's Opinion: "My game of the month, this one"

Silent Hill 2: Directors Cut 89%
"The definitive SH2 package, but its true value can only accurately be gauged in accordance to how 'into' the game you really are."
FM's Opinion: "Get it unless you've already got the original SH2"

The Simpsons Skateboarding 9%
"Worst. Game. Everrr. Nearly. For the love of God, don't ever let Electronic Arts make a Simpsons game again. Appalling."
FM's Opinion: "Agreed"

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance 85%
"A big surprise, a big score, and a sequel that gives Mortal Kombat more than a fighting chance of continued success."
FM's Opinion: "Runner up for my game of the month"

SOS: The Final Escape 81%
"A well-balanced, gripping and, at times, intentionally funny action adventure that deserves to score highly on your Richter scale."
FM's Opinion: "Heard a lot of other people say similar good things about this one, so I'll probably get it".

Import Reviews

Dead to Rights (NTSC Japan) 77%
"OK, so it might reek more than a little of Max Payne, but Dead to Rights has more variety, attitude and innovation"

The Mark of Kri (NTSC US) 74%
"A decent attempt at improving on the hack 'n' slasher. It's enjoyable, but hampered by annoying flaws and its all-too brief nature."

(FM has no opinion on Imports until they get converted to PAL format).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.