GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS4 video in game action!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Tue 24/07/07 at 22:35
Regular
"eat toast!"
Linky

Looking good. Seems like a lot of research and effort has come through. Good news, functionality is not affected like previous MGS games. I can see this probably being a temperlate for all future stealth games. Hell, that alone renders most games redundant and cranky. Including most of its rivals or the ones that are selling well.

Your views. Admittedly this will probably turn the tide for sony. Unless something absolutely horrible occurs. EG Sony upping the price knowing that they have a best seller or MGS 4 was all smoke and mirrors and that was the only good part.
Mon 06/08/07 at 15:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
(By the way before anyone gets excited HMV have admitted that making the 360 version of Guns of the Patriots available for pre-order is, in fact, an error). (For now).
Mon 06/08/07 at 15:07
Regular
HMV.co.uk are now taking preorders, release date according to them is September 2008.

Five months after the PS3 version, which they're also taking preorders for.
Thu 26/07/07 at 09:26
"possibly impossible"
Not a fan of stealth games, either. But I'm always impressed by the MGS series and this looks like no exception.

However, I'm more a fan of Mercenaries 2, where you'll get the chance to blow everything up. Yeah!

SSBB is where my money would be going first though, then Halo 3, then probably Haze. Demo for Heavenly Sword should be out today too, and that looks like another stunner.
Thu 26/07/07 at 09:24
"possibly impossible"
Not a fan of stealth games, either. But I'm always impressed by the MGS series and this looks like no exception.

However, I'm more a fan of Mercenaries 2, where you'll get the chance to blow everything up. Yeah!

SSBB is where my money would be going first though, then Halo 3, then probably Haze. Demo for Heavenly Sword should be out today too, and that looks like another stunner.
Thu 26/07/07 at 08:47
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Looked real smooth and fun, a little quirky in places.

What I dont like, and its been the same really in the whole series, is that Snake can carry a whole armys worth of weapons in his skin tight suit!

Needs changing.
Wed 25/07/07 at 19:29
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I agree with Chaos. The question is, which game will come off best, SSBB, MGS4 or Halo 3? Certainly SSBB is getting the most hype at the moment. Never been a big fan of Metal Gear Solid, too msany cutscenes for me, I find Syphon Filter a better stealth game.
Wed 25/07/07 at 19:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
Graphically, that was impressive. However, the AI I wasn't wowed with. You would've thought that with PS3s power, that they would respond to gunfire, or call in back-up.

Still, early days.
Wed 25/07/07 at 12:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Cant say as I'm that impressed, but I'm no fan of the series (or stealth games in general). I can remember playing the MGS2 demo and being bowled over. MGS4 looks like too many other games out there now.
Wed 25/07/07 at 12:48
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
That looks like the cooliest thing ever. That, an Assasin's Creed will be the reasons I buy a PS3, if I do.
Wed 25/07/07 at 05:02
Regular
Looks great! Should be game of the year 2008 for sure, or 2009 if you're in Europe and Sony behave normally.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.