GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 15:21
Regular
You know how the old saying goes "Good things come to those who wait!" well the same goes for consoles & games.

Take RareWare for example we don't hear from them that often but when we do they are guaranteed to come with a bang. Goldeneye is a fine example, it's a great game with brilliant graphics and some fantastic gameplay. Goldeneye took at least two years to develop but with a little patience and a lot of hard work Goldeneye was thrust infront of our noses and gave us miserable gamers something to talk about.
When it was released Goldeneye was the only thing on most gamer's minds, some folk even went to buy an N64 just so they could get their hands on this fantastic game and who can blame them Goldeneye certainly lives up to the hype it was surrounded by.

Another example is the awesome Mario world 64, stunning visuals great gameplay and some cute characters. Walking around inside peaches castle for the first time is something else.
Mario World 64 was a jaw dropping two years in the making but boy was it worth the wait.
Shigsy and Co certainly gave us a stunner of a game. (As usual)
But with the death of the N64close at bay I doubt we'll see many more fantastic games from Rare or Shigsy.

So with the N64 slowly walking over to it's death bed we have a short wait for Nintendo's next console the GameCube.
These next few months may be the longest few months of your life but I promise you it'll be worth the wait.
Why?
Because you're waiting for the most powerful most sought after Games Console ever.
Ok so the GameCube ain't quite as powerful as the mega powerful Xbox (Due for UK release shortly) but it's sure to give us a few pleasant surprises.
No doubt the new Zelda game will be one of them.

The GBA (Or Game Boy Advance) is also something that's taken donkeys years to make.
This "Gift from god" is the most powerful handheld console in the world.
There was a lot of hype around this console and it did nothing short of living up to it. Thanks to it's super powerful 32-bit graphical processor the GBA has the ability to hand out some spectacular games.
Whether it will use it's full potential in the near future or not we'll have to see.

We will be making a lot of advances in the gaming world this year such as the Xbox and the GameCube.
No doubt this brand spanking New Year will reveal some new consoles besides the Xbox and the GameCube.
There will also be some long waits involved too.
But whatever the console, whatever the game "Good things Come To Those Who Wait"

Thanks for reading!

Doughnut monster :)
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:56
"I hate that!!!"
haw haw!! i'll take that apologie back then.
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:54
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I'm joking

Why would my mum have the name willis

i was on about different strokes
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:52
"I hate that!!!"
*coughs and apologises*

err ummm whoops!!!
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:51
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> Who's he your dog?
No

MY MUM
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:50
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
some are
some arent

however:
with only a month to go, gamecube should be on top of my priority list.
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:49
"I hate that!!!"
Who's he your dog?
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:49
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> Who me?
what you talking bout willis
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:48
Regular
Then 8 of your mates are fools, fools I tell you.
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
plus i bribed the judges
"I hate that!!!"
Who me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.