GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are they`re any good games on the N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/09/00 at 09:17
Regular
There are hardly any games on the N64 never mind any good games, the only games that are good are Goldeneye and Carmageddon.
Sat 09/09/00 at 18:08
Lara has never been Sony exclusive. She has been on the Gameboy, PC, DC and PS!

Sonic however probably wouldn't do to badly. I saw screenshots of a new sonic game on DC and it looked amazing!
Sat 09/09/00 at 16:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Money, they could sell the licensing rights for that game for a small fortune, that sort of thing should be done more often, as it has been done in the past. Nintendo may have exclusivity for now, but their developers may see the need to make more money in the future by porting for other consoles. I for one would thank Nintendo for it, you can have Sonic or Lara in return.
Sat 09/09/00 at 15:41
I'm sorry to make you sound stupid but why would Nintendo make a game for it's rival?
Sat 09/09/00 at 11:57
Regular
That's the reason I stick with the PS, I've been let down by the Sega mob in the past, with promised backwards compatibility that never appeared, and Nintendo just never appealed to me, due to the fact the SNES had far too many kiddy type games and platformers.

I freely admit there is not a great deal to chose from amongst the crop of current consoles, but we all like different things, apart from the common element of gaming in our blood, and each manufacturer has its pros and cons. N64 has some great and exclusive games, yes, but so do other consoles, even some of the Spectrum games are still worth a look in terms of gameplay.
Sat 09/09/00 at 11:51
"possibly impossible"
If they did a PS version of Zelda why would you buy an N64 (and saying 'I wouldn't buy an N64' is the wrong answer!)
Nintendo are sweet and cuddly and make some lovely games. Mind you, Superman was really really bad...shame really.
I love N64 games as there is some very different stuff to the usual Playstation games. Mind you, I have a PSX and Dreamcast as well and I like them all (although the DC is winning me over at the moment)
Nintento have a lot of exclusive and original games for their system and this is what sets it apart from the rest, it is a sad fact, however, that the N64 is going downhill in terms of development teams and support.
Sat 09/09/00 at 11:51
I hat t see put down nintendo and sega but the n64 has been good to us gamers and we should pay it a little more respect it brought us the best games of 1998 and 99 with the likes of Zelda and Goldeneye not to mention the ones that slipped through the net like Banjo and Donkey Kong 64,all of these bring back fond memories of the old days where gameplay was important,the n64 realised that and done something about,the n64 has some top quality games,just open your eyes a little and you will see the abyss of brilliant games
Sat 09/09/00 at 11:36
Regular
I've seen Legend of Zelda being played, just wish they would do a PS version because us PS fans are missing out big time.
Sat 09/09/00 at 09:35
Pc's have been out for years and years! Megadrive's almost as long. Playstation has 15 2D games for every 1 3D game. N64 has loads of games and loads more coming before Gamecube arrives!
Sat 09/09/00 at 09:27
You are right they`re are quite alot of games on the N64 but compared to Playstation, PC even Mega Drive it`s a very small amount.
Sat 09/09/00 at 09:26
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Thats to true Edgy!

U da Man! But the N64 is dying, slowly!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.