GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So what does that mean?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/02 at 00:12
Regular
I've just been looking at Another World's import GameCubes and it says that "rogue leader is the main reason everyone is modifying there gamecubes"

now when i hear "modified" to me that usually means chipped to play priates or imports.

what i want to know is what is the point in chipping a Jap cube' when it already plays Jap games?
or is it some stupido thing that you have to buy an extra add on to play rogue leader?

Can someone please tell me why a Jap Gamecube has to be "modified"
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:03
Regular
Ah right, the truth is, the only difference between the Jap GCs and the American GCs is a little switch inside the console apparently. So it you take it apart, and break off some little bit of plastic you can easily change from on eot the other, or some nonsense like that. So any Americans who imported Jap Gcs could do this and play the American version of the game no problem.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:01
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
not as good as the way ninty stopped the N64 playing imports.

just 2 bits of plastic in the cartridge slot. cut them out and you could play a game from anywhere in the world LOL

don't think ninty is too bothered though about people importing as the game boy is completly universal and they didn't seem to bother to stop it when the old snes was around just needed a cart converter.
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:46
Regular
I know what a mod,upgrade etc is i just wanted to know why people were modifing their cubes specificly for rogue leader..Thanks anyways Bonus
Mon 14/01/02 at 15:59
Regular
Apparently, when you MoD a Jap Gamecube, all the default menu text (in the system set up) becomes English.
I don't think Nintendo was really out to stop people "Modding"
Mon 14/01/02 at 15:56
Regular
Anyway, modifying a console is changing the original specification of the console as you bought it. This may be by adding a chip or changing the dvd drive etc. Some will be ligitimate and they are usually called upgrades, it's the little things which are slightly dodgy like chipping that get called "mods".

Anyway, hope that helped.....
Mon 14/01/02 at 15:53
Regular
slave2games wrote:
> *cough cough* Ah, that's better, I got that bit of SPAM out of my throat

Are you calling my topic spam?
Mon 14/01/02 at 01:58
umm nice name mate ;)
Mon 14/01/02 at 01:28
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
spam yuck can't stand the crap. give me a good piece of meat any day

ahem
Mon 14/01/02 at 01:16
LOL, comedian
Mon 14/01/02 at 01:02
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
*cough cough* Ah, that's better, I got that bit of SPAM out of my throat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.