GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft spokesman crashes while giving Press Conference"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 23:03
Regular
Earlier Today Microsoft spokesman The Rock sensationally crashed mid-sentence while giving a press conference. Microsoft technicians postponed the conference, about the prospective launch of a fondu set add-on for the x-box, while they attempted to reboot the Rock. Unfortunately the conference was then cancelled when it emerged that the Rock would need to be completely formatted and have each component seperately reinstalled. The strange events were particularly harrowing for Mrs.Rock, the Rock's beleaguered mother. Speaking exclusively to this newspaper she said:
"I was so happy when he got himself a proper job, where he didn't have to wear spandex pants to work everyday, and began to stop talking about himself in the third person. Things were looking up but now he's completely different; he doesn't remember anything."

Microsoft technicians said that the route of the problem lay with the Rock's refusal to upgrade himself to Windows XP until Service Pack 1 was released. Said one technician, Fritz the Cat, "Rocky's working fine at the moment but he should have upgraded, you know. We advice all our clients to do the same."

Thanks to new Windows XP technology Bill Gates was able to continue a recent publicity shoot when one of his eyes crashed. At the time he commented "Thank god for new XP technologies that mean if one component crashes, your system doesn't!" However, Gates was dismayed to discover that when his eye was rebooted it was no longer compatible with XP and that drivers for his model were no longer available.

If you haven't already upgraded to XP then watch out, you could be next...
Thu 17/01/02 at 18:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hehe! Well done!

That's the shortest GAD win I've ever seen on SR! But well done anyway.

*Still laughing.*
Tue 15/01/02 at 22:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hahahaha... serves you right for doing essay subjects ;)

I just did some prep (for the first time in about 4 years!)... and it took me 5 mins! The joy of maths!

Sonic
Tue 15/01/02 at 21:49
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Well, I wasn't expecting that one... Still, I'm now presently surprised and on the verge of going to write my essay on Volpone that has to be in for tomorrow and should have been done at the weekend...

Unfortunately SR spotted that it was a spoof.. Was I too obvious? :-)
Tue 15/01/02 at 21:15
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
makes me laugh every time i read it. a well deserved GAD
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
punks.

nice win though.
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:06
Regular
"not dead"
Another victory for the campaign For misinformation.

Excellent. A well deserved win.
Mon 14/01/02 at 21:32
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
very funny post, i expect more(please).
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hehe, quite a funny post.
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:23
Regular
Ha! Excellent, once again. :0)
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:21
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
The silicon transistors decided to go back to work after Nintendo offered them a nice liquid-nitrogen cooled working environment with payed holidays and full health cover, with share options after 5 years.

Unfortunately this has resulted the Light Emiting Diodes on the front of the Gamecube striking. The upshot of all of this is that the Gamecube will now cost £1000, to cover contract costs, and you won't be able to use it for 2 months during the summer, while the components take their payed leave.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.