GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import-me-do..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 08:55
Regular
While I wait for my Freeloader to be sent, I'd like to discuss where to buy Import games from.

I was gonna get Animal Crossing and Ikaruga from AnotherWorld for 59.99 each,
but now I'm gonna get AC from DVDBoxOffice for 73 canadian bucks (which is at a guess about 30 quid - correct me if Im wrong)
Anyone wanna share their views on decent import dealers/sites?
Mon 10/02/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Last night, I ordered:
Metroid Prime,
Animal Crossing,
Zelda: Wind Waker (pre-order + bonus disk)
from dvdboxoffice.com for about 89 squids.

on another note i ordered smugglers run for a tenner off play.com.
Sun 09/02/03 at 14:20
Regular
Echelon_vs_Lightforce, you're a life saver - that site is great! Have you ordered off them yet? And do you know how much delivery costs?
Fri 07/02/03 at 16:14
"You love us!"
Yeah the prices are amazingly good. Just hope that they can back that up with decent customer service and delivery time.

Guess it must be the synic in me. When the deal seems to good, it usuall is. But you don't know unless you give them a go and 60 quid for Re0 and Metroid Prime is a stunning deal. It'd cost you 80 quid to get them both in the UK when the official release rolls around.

Here hoping hey!
Fri 07/02/03 at 16:09
Regular
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:

> Wondered if anyone else has give them a go! If not i will repory my
> experiecne back once i have ordered. If the customer service is as
> good as the prices, you can't go wrong. Cheap than UK games!

I'm gonna give them a go as well once my money's in my bank. They're damn cheap and the best thing is they take Solo. Oh and you can pay extra for 3 day delivery which me thinks i'll do, I'm an impatient fool.
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:58
Regular
I've got animal crossing and freeloader orderd last sunday, I so badly want them. I really want too play Animal crossing and Resident Evil Zero danmmit!! why does it take so long when its so important :P.
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:55
Regular
NOT GOBLIN

KILL THEM
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:50
"You love us!"
ah okay, it seems they are based in Canada. So maybe the shipping issue will be the same as with DVDboxoffce. Still, i will give them a good and see what they are like.

Couple of mates have had long delays with DVDboxoffice, so it'll be interesting to compaire.
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:47
"You love us!"
anyone tried....

importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/home

Spotted this site the other day and they seem to be very cheap indeed.

Metroid Prime £29.99
Zelda and bouns disk £29.99

Plus they are in the UK so i guess the shipping time should be much quicker the DVDbox office.

Never used them before, although going to get Zleda and Re0 once i get a ver 1.6 Freeloader on the weekend.

Wondered if anyone else has give them a go! If not i will repory my experiecne back once i have ordered. If the customer service is as good as the prices, you can't go wrong. Cheap than UK games!
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:39
Regular
Yea I just realised that too! dvdboxoffice and play will always be my favourites, they may take a long time but there cheap, v cheap!
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
They're damn expensive though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.