GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"final fantasy - who is the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 12:54
Regular
Hello to those this may consern.
I am loooking for the best FF lovers and masters alike. I think that there is someone out there who is the true best at FFgames and R.P.G's alike. I am looking for an army of FF players that are willing to face eachother to find the true best. all those willing to partisapate in the compotition, please leave you're nickname, and 3 resons why you should be cround king (or queen) of FFgames, also this page is where you can help the next genarachon fo gamers by leaving cheats and useful info on you're message.If you do then you may be given extra credit for the compotion and I wish you all the best of luck, and hope to hear form you soon.

sined

living_to_the_dead.

P.S. please leave any questions you may have
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:54
Hello to those this may consern.
I am loooking for the best FF lovers and masters alike. I think that there is someone out there who is the true best at FFgames and R.P.G's alike. I am looking for an army of FF players that are willing to face eachother to find the true best. all those willing to partisapate in the compotition, please leave you're nickname, and 3 resons why you should be cround king (or queen) of FFgames, also this page is where you can help the next genarachon fo gamers by leaving cheats and useful info on you're message.If you do then you may be given extra credit for the compotion and I wish you all the best of luck, and hope to hear form you soon.

sined

living_to_the_dead.

P.S. please leave any questions you may have
Fri 07/02/03 at 13:15
Regular
Are you living in a country where Final Fantasy 11 has been released? Its just that, other than that, I don`t know of anyway of deciding who is "best".

In fact, if you ask me, there is no best. There is simply different. Some will do everything available in the game, but take ages, where as some will get through it all very quickly, but miss lots of detail.

The only way I can think of that you could find a "best" would be to see who could get every item and full stats in the quickest time, but that would mean lots of sad boring hours completing the game over and over simply for the sake of statistics rather than stopping and enjoying the scenery, the special moments and all the other distractions to be found.

Simply put, Final Fantasy is not a "who is best game".
Mon 10/02/03 at 12:29
I think that you are right in saying that there is no 'best' as there is no proper way in desiding who or what it is. Also as I stated in the opening letter, this is also a page where you can give cheats for the next genarachon of game playeres. That is the real reson that I started this page. I was thinking that the person that gives the most info about one of the FF games. And I am willing to start again if people are willing to partsapate. again thank you for you're notice.
Mon 10/02/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Tip one: When playing FF7, de-equip Aeris just before she gets killed so you can keep all those neat items you collected and made her wear.

Tip two: When playing the Lightening Strikes mini-game on FFX, kick everyone out of the house, throw the cat out, lock your door, bolt your windows, and make sure there are no distractions. 3am is a good time to start this one.

Tip three: Read the section on Junctioning in both the FF8 manual and the ingame tutorial accessible from the main menu to get the most out of it.

Tip four: When playing FFXI online, trust no one.

Tip five: Once you've completed any FF game, get the Official Strategy Guide for it, and then complete the other 80% of the game that you missed the first time you completed it.

More tips, as they occur, from FM.
Mon 10/02/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Tip two: When playing the Lightening Strikes mini-game on FFX, kick
> everyone out of the house, throw the cat out, lock your door, bolt
> your windows, and make sure there are no distractions. 3am is a good
> time to start this one.

Very good bit of advice. My mobile almost got smashed over my mates head after he rang me up when i was on 121 missed strikes and distracted me. Takes a good 40 minutes as well which is very annoying when around the 25th minute mark you feel the urge to go to the toilet but don't want to go for fear of as soon as you press start, a bolt will get you. Didn't even use Kimahri that much anyway
Mon 10/02/03 at 16:33
Regular
Good points FM!

On the lightning strike game I got to 126, 129, 164 then finally 218 (just to make sure). The first three failures were due to various different problems:

- Tried it at 04:00 and couldn`t keep my eyes open long enough.
- Telephone rang and I hesitated before pressing pause.
- I just messed up, idiot!

As for junctioning, you're right, it is confusing at first. I remember you saying before how much you liked it in comparison to other character improvement methods. I guess this could be because we both have a more mathematical background or something like that. Whatever the reason, it was certainly a system that allowed me to get more out of my characters than I did in other versions (other than maybe FFX where I also quite enjoyed the sphere grid system).

On the strategy guides, I agree with you again, the best way to get the most out of the games is to complete it without help the first time, and then go through with a strategy guide *afterwards*. I`d be impressed if anyone managed to get every single little detail withouta guide, and completely unimpressed if somebody went through with a guide first time round.

There are so many things that really do need a guide if you ask me, such as:

- Breeding chocobos, a total mystery without the right nuts and locations.
- Getting every part of the celestial weapons. Would you have assumed that 100 lightning strikes was the aim? Would you have gone back to the butterfly man to retry the butterfly hunt? Would you realise that you had to finish in less than 0.0 seconds in the chocobo race? etc....

One tip to add to your collection: Its probably quite obvious, but Final Fantasy games often have a difficulty level based on how fast you progress. If you get too far too fast, you end up weak and unable to take on certain opponents (ever tried taking on a Dark Aeon without powering up ?[and of course without using Yocheatmebo]). On the other hand, if you take your time, allow lots of random battles to take place, then you're going to be much better prepared for later battles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.