GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick topic"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 16:37
Regular
Does anyone think a gamecube, 6 games, 2 controllers and a memory card for £400 is a good deal?

And does anyone know if US machines will ever be able to play PAL games?
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Does anyone think a gamecube, 6 games, 2 controllers and a memory card for £400 is a good deal?

And does anyone know if US machines will ever be able to play PAL games?
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
cookie monster wrote:
> Does anyone think a gamecube, 6 games, 2 controllers and a memory card for
> £400 is a good deal?

And does anyone know if US machines will ever be
> able to play PAL games?

heres you answer:

1.) Yea i do think its a good price but after playing the 6 games, you need more, but'll you have to buy import games...Which cost even more.

2.) No! this Will never happened, If it didn't happened to SNES and N64, then it'll be highly unlikly, You can only play PAL games on Europen and Austrailan Gamecubes. if you buy a USA gamecube, You have to buy Import games all the time.
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:54
Regular
I think its a good deal, what are the games?
Sun 13/01/02 at 18:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
2.) No!
> this Will never happened, If it didn't happened to SNES and N64, then it'll be
> highly unlikly, You can only play PAL games on Europen and Austrailan Gamecubes.
> if you buy a USA gamecube, You have to buy Import games all the time.

Yeah i know that but im asking if it will be possible to chip the console to play the games.
Sun 13/01/02 at 18:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Joe Dark wrote:
> I think its a good deal, what are the games?

rogue leader, luigis mansion, wave race, madden 2002, monkey ball and smash bros.
Sun 13/01/02 at 18:53
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
That is an awesome deal! Who's offering you it?
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:18
Regular
Thats a really good deal, you'd be mad to sell all that for such a low price.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:35
Regular
It sounds like a good deal if you have the money to eat afterwards. I'd still wait for a pal cube to be honest though, but i'm pretty wary of the hassle.
Mon 14/01/02 at 19:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> That is an awesome deal! Who's offering you it?

It was on ebay, but i was outbid with 3 mins 30 secs to go, shocking.
Mon 14/01/02 at 19:20
"You love us!"
I guess this is a slightly moot point now as you’ve been out bid for the Cube but the chances of a US GameCube being chipped to play UK and Jap games is pretty much certain. In fact I spotted a US import company who are offering the Panasonic Game Cube that has been modified to play both US and Jap games, plus all region DVD’s – how cool is that.

So I’d imagine when the UK machine is FINALLY released it won’t take long (prolly about 24 hrs) until someone slightly tweaks the chip to play UK games as well.
In fact I must say that the deal on the Panasonic G-Cube was quite good, and when they’ve modified it to play UK games as well as US and Jap games I may buy one!

By-the-way it was like £450 – not bad eh?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.