GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The same old Threads"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/02/03 at 00:00
Regular
It's interesting. I haven't been on the FOG forum for probably a couple of years (no joke) and because the PS2 forum has been getting dull and repetitive recently I decided to venture back to my original stalking grounds.

I was looking for excitement, the best and freshest new topics the game playing people of the Country (World?) could offer. But what did I find??

EXACTLY the same topics that were here the last time I visited!! The usual GC/PS2/XBOX is best/cr@p etc. Are graphics good, the REAL furture of gaming etc etc etc.

Come on people, surely all of our combined intelligence can create something beautiful?! For the sake of my sanity and general vocabulary, please don't make me resort to some US site where everything SUX!!

What are the burning issues?? Online gaming on consoles (have I missed that boat?), speculation on the next next-gen consoles (too early?).

The bottom line is, that this is a Future Of Gaming forum, so I open the question to the floor:

What or where or with whom, shall we find the Future of Gaming?
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:00
Regular
"Complete Banker"
It's interesting. I haven't been on the FOG forum for probably a couple of years (no joke) and because the PS2 forum has been getting dull and repetitive recently I decided to venture back to my original stalking grounds.

I was looking for excitement, the best and freshest new topics the game playing people of the Country (World?) could offer. But what did I find??

EXACTLY the same topics that were here the last time I visited!! The usual GC/PS2/XBOX is best/cr@p etc. Are graphics good, the REAL furture of gaming etc etc etc.

Come on people, surely all of our combined intelligence can create something beautiful?! For the sake of my sanity and general vocabulary, please don't make me resort to some US site where everything SUX!!

What are the burning issues?? Online gaming on consoles (have I missed that boat?), speculation on the next next-gen consoles (too early?).

The bottom line is, that this is a Future Of Gaming forum, so I open the question to the floor:

What or where or with whom, shall we find the Future of Gaming?
Sat 08/02/03 at 08:55
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ah, how true. I haven't been here for a year (as in UKchatforums.com not just FOG) and yes, the same old topics are here. But every once in a while there will be clever little people who realize that and complin, thus resulting in a host of new topics. For about a month. Then, it's back to the old, waiting for some new clever people. Oh well...
Sat 08/02/03 at 12:10
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
If you don't like it, then don't come here anymore. Simple.
Sat 08/02/03 at 15:14
The most questions I hear for gaming future are things like-

Server platforms for multiplayer games and there pricing for clan servers or public

Game types and the insistance of certain views for playing strategy or a strategy shoot em up game e.g. WC3

P2P pay to play looking more and more the future even tho most serious gamers dont like the idea it'll most likely get pushed on us

Broadband pricing and take up plus difference between nationality abillities often due to unfair pricing on broadband.

and many many more topics just pick one and post it as a header you'll get a lot of feelings generated.
Sat 08/02/03 at 16:27
Regular
Instead of sitting there complaining about it why don't you do a post that no one has done yet? Do you expect every post done to be unique and for every reply to say "I had never thought of this before what an excellent and unique post?" You actually spent time posting about how bad you think the situation is yet the time you spent making it could have been channeled into doing a productive post. I don't often agree with El Blokey for reasons of my own however on this instance I actually agree with what he said.
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:50
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I don't often agree with El Blokey for reasons of my own

I'm just so damn hated.

8-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.