GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Japan in 3rd place"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 09:32
Regular
Just read this from www.xbox365.com

Sales of video games and games consoles in Britain reached an all time high of $2.31 billion in 2001, up 36 percent from a year ago, industry data showed today. This stat is very interesting for gamers who believe the Japanese market is the holy grail, as reports out today also show that Japan's video game market is flat at $3.52 billion.

The interesting fact here is that the UK ALONE accounts for $2.31 billion, and when you factor in the rest of Europe, Japan becomes the smallest market - after USA and Europe

Looks like the Japanese cant ignore European gamers for much longer as we are the 2nd major gaming place. The UK alone is pretty close to Japan.
Sun 13/01/02 at 20:01
Regular
You may remeber me as Code: 144 complete or Code: 144 X or 144 - san.
Sun 13/01/02 at 19:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
errr... that made sense...

Oh, and who are you 144?

Sonic
Sun 13/01/02 at 19:53
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> I've been saying this for over 18 months now! The European market has been the
> largest for some time, and yet we're still treated like dirt.

But then again,
> one major reaosn for the big profits here is that we pay far more than anyone
> else for our games!

Sonic

In other words we get ripped off big time, who said that games arent addictive, they are.
Sun 13/01/02 at 19:06
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I've been saying this for over 18 months now! The European market has been the largest for some time, and yet we're still treated like dirt.

But then again, one major reaosn for the big profits here is that we pay far more than anyone else for our games!

Sonic
Sun 13/01/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Blank wrote:
> Well when you consider land size, USA and Europe are both bigger than Japan.

But considering that Japan has always had the leadership in computer games then its a bit of a suprise. Most of the big game companies that you will often think of first are Japanese. Of course land size doesnt matter. Australia is massive compared to the UK, yet its population is smaller. Japan has a massive population for its size.
Sun 13/01/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Usa is most powerful country so should be 1st
UK is 2nd most powerful so should be 2nd

if they ignore us, we kidnap them and bring them as slaves over here to work their magic
Sun 13/01/02 at 17:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well when you consider land size, USA and Europe are both bigger than Japan.
Sun 13/01/02 at 09:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just read this from www.xbox365.com

Sales of video games and games consoles in Britain reached an all time high of $2.31 billion in 2001, up 36 percent from a year ago, industry data showed today. This stat is very interesting for gamers who believe the Japanese market is the holy grail, as reports out today also show that Japan's video game market is flat at $3.52 billion.

The interesting fact here is that the UK ALONE accounts for $2.31 billion, and when you factor in the rest of Europe, Japan becomes the smallest market - after USA and Europe

Looks like the Japanese cant ignore European gamers for much longer as we are the 2nd major gaming place. The UK alone is pretty close to Japan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.