GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Notable Hunter Story: Year of the Dragon"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 01:51
Regular
Ok so lord Semajal was never the smartest person but he wasn’t blind and seeing Meka pace backwards and forwards outside scared him greatly, did they know he was helping Edgy? Lord Semajal played it safe and placed a handgun in his pocket believing that that would be protection enough, how he underestimated Meka. Meka was much more timid than the other Notables pacing outside Lord Semajal’s gun shop didn’t mean he was casing the joint merely nervous, he was powerful he knew that but he wasn’t used to being violent. And so as closing time approached Meka entered the shop…

“Erm Hello Mr. Dragon sir” stammered Lord Semajal as Meka walked in.
Meka nodded wondered around a bit before saying “I’ve been hearing some nasty rumors about you,”
“What sort of rumors?” inquired Lord Semajal?
“Don’t play dumb,” said Meka picking up and pointing a pair of machine guns at Lord Semajal.
“I don’t know what you are on about,” stammered Lord Semajal raising his hands in the air.
“Wrong Answer” said Meka grinning as he opened fire.

Terrified Lord Semajal dropped to the floor as his glass cabinets above him got smashed to bits, almost in tears from fear Lord Semajal crawled into the backroom and pulled out his handgun. He leaped towards the door and fired… no one there.
“Crap” said Lord Semajal quietly as he emerged from the doorframe; he slowly moved his handgun from right to left no one was there. He moved forward further still when he heard someone stand on broken glass. He quickly glanced around to see Meka fire, Lord Semajal flew backwards from bullet fire. Meka was an ace shot and pinned Lord Semajal to the wall, he had been shot several times in both arms and Lord Semajal still alive and in so much pain was stuck to the wall.

Meka walked forwards and placed his gun in Lord Semajal’s mouth.
“You should of known…” he started as he looked in Lord Semajal’s eyes which began to water, he didn’t want to die he had a wife and kids and he had worked so hard all his life, “never help a hunter”. And Just as Meka said that and prepared to fire a rock flew through the air and knocked Meka’s gun out of his hand. Meka looked to the floor, Lord Semajal blacked out and collapsed and there in the doorway stood a well-built figure, axe in hand.
“Boo” said Edgy,
“Oh shi…” is all Meka could say as Edgy hurled his axe in his direction.
Edgy pounced over a case of ammo and kicked Meka in the face who fell back into the shelves, guns and ammo boxes falling on his head. Edgy picked up a gun and fired but Meka just rolled away, Meka grabbed one of the boxes and slid it towards Edgy, Edgy fell over it and smacked his head on the floor. Meka grabbed a magnum quickly filled it with ammo and pointed it at Edgy’s head.
“You forget Edgy it is 2002 it is the year of the dragon” as he pulled back the catch.
“But your not a real Dragon... are you Meka” said Edgy as he kicked Meka in the face and flipped to his feet.

Edgy smacked Meka round the head and Meka kept himself up on the counter, he turned around only to get a gun across the face. Meka collapsed to the floor to see Edgy pull his axe from the ground and walked purposely towards him, Edgy raised his axe above his head when a noise behind him startled him, he spun and there was the most evil notable known to Edgy… Goatboy. Edgy had no time to cry out as Goatboy rammed Edgy hurling him 20 feet across the room and smashed into the top shelves and Edgy collapsed to the floor. Edgy in blind panic crawled across the floor towards the nearest gun but Goatboy was quick pouncing across the room and kicking the gun away. Edgy looked up to his foe, the one who killed his best friend.
“Time to finish the job I started 2 years ago” said Goatboy as Meka slipped out of the room.
Edgy looked up, could his return be over already. Goatboy, half boy, half goat grabbed a knife and cut Edgy’s nose. Edgy fell back he was exhausted and hurt as Goatboy prepared to slam the knife through his eye. Night had fallen the entire shop had been smashed up, Meka had ran off and Lord Semajal lies unconscious on the floor.
“It doesn’t have to be this way,” cried a plea full Edgy.
“Yes it does,” said Goatboy as he raised the knife, Edgy closed his eyes when all of a sudden…

“Hello Goatboy”
That voice, it was familiar to both parties as Goatboy spun around and right in front of him stood Dringo…

“Miss me?” he continued Dringo as he smacked Goatboy across the face.

Edgy rolled aside and grabbed his axe as Goatboy got to his feet; Dringo kicked Goatboy to the ground and he slid towards the counter. Edgy chucked his axe towards Dringo and then he picked up Goatboy and threw him towards Dringo, Dringo swung the axe and cut one of Goatboy’s ears clean off. Goatboy crashed to the floor but he quickly got to his feet and leaped out of the window and ran down the street.

Dringo and Edgy stood watching as Goatboy run back to the safety of SR towers. Silence filled the room for a few minutes before Dringo said:

“Right I’ll clean up you take Lord Semajal to hospital.”

Next: A Notable Hunter Story: Half Boy Half Goat
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:56
Regular
Hell yeah, if it's fun to do, keep doing it. :0)
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I've never read these storys so intrige me.
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:51
Regular
er-yes wrote:
> Dringo, can you please bring these stories to an end. They are starting to
> get..... erm ..... er

Yeah well.

Your not the only one who thought this so i asked many many many people weather there should be a series 2 or not and 15 said yes 3 said kill it off and one said either keep it or come up with another...

And they're fun to write as well :D
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:17
Regular
I know my opinion is obviously bias, seen as I'm one of the main characters, but I think the NH stories are cool!
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Dringo, can you please bring these stories to an end. They are starting to get..... erm ..... er

Yeah well.
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:09
Regular
The odds are more in our favour now...
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:08
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Sorry Dringo, your stories ARE great, could i be in one and would you mind terribly if you were in mine?
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:21
Regular
Prawn Star wrote:
> Wow, fantastic story Dringo! That's the best I've read today! (It's 8:30.)

8:40 to be more precise honestly your reply is littered with mistakes :D

But
> I have to point out a few mistakes. When Meka picks up a gun, in a SHOP (not a
> warzone), he fires it. Now what kind of shopkeeper leaves fully loaded guns on
> the shelves? PLEASE.

Don't ask me it aint my shop, Lord Semajal ask him he has MSN anyway not all guns did have ammo like the magnum only a few weapons people can test do but well ask him.

And in the ninth from the bottom you put:
“Miss me?” he
> continued Dringo as he smacked Goatboy across the face.
He continued Dringo?
> Surely its dringo or he continued.

That occured when i was checking it... ooops.

Sorry. Im a very, a perfectionist, and I
> hadc to point out the errors as it was such a great story and maybe it will be
> even greater next time.

The Notable Hunter Stories every last one from TRying to Snipe Sniper (series 1) all the way to Regulars uprising (thats the last one of this series) is being combined on word printed out and you guys can all have a copy if your sad enough to want it...

So by pointing out mistakes the collection will have less in.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:14
Regular
Evilhahaman wrote:
> wicked story Dringo. could you metion my name in the next one

Evilhahaman appeared laughed and dissapeared... could be an ongoing joke.
Sun 13/01/02 at 10:27
Regular
Yep, another good 'un. Well done Dringo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.