GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft being sued"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/07 at 16:44
Regular
"lets go back"
Two people in America are suing Microsoft because the 360 apparently scratches discs and renders them useless.

Link

It all sounds fine until you realise that they are suing for $5 MILLION!!

I know games these days are pricey, but $5 million for a couple of scratches seems pathetic.
Sun 22/07/07 at 22:43
Regular
From what I heard, they're taking on a number of cases to come to this cumulative case.

Though 5m is a lot to expect.

I too had a problem where my Xbox 360 burned a perfect circle on my Spider-man 3 game disc.

On phoning Xbox's support line I was repeatedly told they can replace any disc that gets damaged by the system under their disc replacement scheme.

Now, bare in mind that the Xbox 360 is also designed to play non-Microsoft published games as well as CDs and DVDs, here is a link to the discs they'll replace:

Click here

I did explain to them at the time that their programme doesn't cover the game, but the 'knowledgeable' advisor insisted...
Sun 22/07/07 at 20:20
Regular
"8==="
MS get sued all the time, rumour has it that it's because they have an obscene amount of money.
Sun 22/07/07 at 19:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Scratches don't render discs useless (unless they're pretty deep ones on the label side of the disc) therefore these two Californians might be in for a little shock when their case gets thrown out.
Sun 22/07/07 at 16:44
Regular
"lets go back"
Two people in America are suing Microsoft because the 360 apparently scratches discs and renders them useless.

Link

It all sounds fine until you realise that they are suing for $5 MILLION!!

I know games these days are pricey, but $5 million for a couple of scratches seems pathetic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.