GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C&C: Generals"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Generals'.
Sat 08/02/03 at 14:46
Regular
Just wondered if anyone had chance to play the beta for the game from fileplanet? I have been playing the game and its so much fun! Its due out next week and i can't wait for the game, the beta finished yesturday unfortunately but its a great game, is anyone else buying/looking forward to playing it?
Sat 15/02/03 at 12:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Though I probably don't like to admit it, I bought my new PC mainly to play all the latest games, of course I'll use it for other things as well, but I can't deny games where a big factor when it came to buying a new comp.
Sat 15/02/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> You cant just buy a pc to play a game it will cost quite a bit.

Why not?

I bought a new PC specifically to play Red Alert 2 when it came out then I built a new tower capable of handling UT2003.
Sat 15/02/03 at 09:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
danieldone wrote:
> kazaa is a gr8 thing, I am getting a "backup" to look after
> for my friend...

Going to look after his CD key too? :P
Sat 15/02/03 at 08:02
Regular
"Nobody Home"
kazaa is a gr8 thing, I am getting a "backup" to look after for my friend...
Fri 14/02/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I've got the US release of it...
I'm a bit disappointed so far to be honest. Its a pretty looking RTS, units seem to be well balanced (although only played 1 side so far), some nice additions in terms of gameplay. But nothing that we've not seen before.
Its much weaker than AoM and WC3 in terms of story and presentation, you're just some nameless general carrying out a series of related missions from what I've seen so far. Baffles me that again they've re-invented the C&C universe with new sides etc. too. I think if you're going to have a brand such as C&C you should at least maintain some continuity between the titles.

Difficult to recommend whether to buy it or not, depends how keen on RTS games you are and how many you currently have. :) If I'd played it before getting Empire Earth, Age of Mythology and Warcraft 3, I'd of been much more impressed. Its not a bad game, I'd say its even a good one, but I think theres others around doing what it does, better.

Well thats only a first impression after playing 5 missions of 1 side (3 sides available), hopefully it'll show itself to have hidden depths, we'll see. :)
Thu 13/02/03 at 12:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It looks and sounds like C&C, but in 3D. I'll wait for opinions by stratagy gamers before I decide to purchase it, I'm just not convinced right now.
Thu 13/02/03 at 07:57
Regular
"Nobody Home"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> i've pre-ordered it... got pretty good marks.
> I think minimum requirements is:
> 800mhz Processor
> 32mb Video Card
> Soundcard
> 128mb RAM
> I just hit above those requirements but hopefully i will have a NEW
> RIG TO PLAY IT ON NEXT MONTH.

§n][peŽ wrote
>You cant just buy a pc to play a game it will cost quite a bit.

lolz! haha! silly billy...
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:10
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> not sure about this game. Westwood haven't made a decent game since
> the original Red Alert.

Dont get it then, and be dissapointed. I'm thinking its going to be good
Wed 12/02/03 at 19:11
Regular
i've pre-ordered it... got pretty good marks.
I think minimum requirements is:
800mhz Processor
32mb Video Card
Soundcard
128mb RAM
I just hit above those requirements but hopefully i will have a new rig to play it on next month.
Wed 12/02/03 at 15:24
"Darkness, always"
not sure about this game. Westwood haven't made a decent game since the original Red Alert.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.