GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When will platinum games be introduced to ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/02 at 23:13
Regular
we all know selling playstation games for £20 was a great way to sell the remaining stock of their old games, so why don't they making games like tekken tag and timesplitters £20 to attract newcomers to the console.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
we all know selling playstation games for £20 was a great way to sell the remaining stock of their old games, so why don't they making games like tekken tag and timesplitters £20 to attract newcomers to the console.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:15
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i guess platinum games usually start appearing near the end of consoles life (as in the case of ps1) so i guess the ps2 still has a while left before the ps3 turns up.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:16
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
The new 'Platinum Range' is soon to be released. I can't remember the name of the range (as I was fairly sure it wasn't Platinum) but it's a similar format.

I beleive the early games include the likes of Timesplitters and Tekken Tag.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
sherman wrote:
> i guess platinum games usually start appearing near the end of consoles life (as
> in the case of ps1) so i guess the ps2 still has a while left before the ps3
> turns up.

Platinum games have been going for ages. I remember I had Tomb Raider 2 when it first came out, and one of my dads mates had bought a PS1 for his kids and had Worms Platinum edition.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:21
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I reckon games developers will put there own games under a 'Platinum' tag. Like on the Dreamcast, Acclaim re-relased there old games under the tag 'Acclaim Classics' for a discounted price. I think this will happen over time aswell as Sonys own 'Platinum' tag.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:22
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Platinum games were around fairly soon into the PS1's long life, but there were very few platinum games. Games only joined the range when they had really acheived something, and only towards the later stages of PS1's life did the range become larger in content.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:26
Regular
"Back For Good"
I read in PSW a platnium range or something similar has already begun in Japan. Tekken tag, ridge racer 5 and many of the launch titles are availible at budget price, no word on the UK though :-(
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:29
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Alot of older PS2 games can be bought pretty cheap. Oni is on special offer everywhere, or maybe they just need to get rid of it.

Platinum ranges are good. I've never actually bought a old game, but cheap games can be good for new buyers or people who dont want to spend £40 on a game. Alot of new PS2 owners may want to buy some of the better launch titles and at £40 maybe over looked by something freash and new. But at £20 it could be snapped up. I think Sony should start releasing the launch games on Platinum for £20. Then add a game after a year or so after its been to the platinum range depending on how good it did. Some thing like GT3 should be kept at the full price for longer than say an Army man game(which should only be about £10 in the first place).
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:32
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Its like GoldenEye on N64. It was one of the first games on N64 but it was at full price for years after the realise!(well it was a Classic!)
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:35
Regular
ResÆvilfan wrote:
> I read in PSW a platnium range or something similar has already begun in Japan.
> Tekken tag, ridge racer 5 and many of the launch titles are availible at budget
> price, no word on the UK though :-(

I also read it but I dont know why there isn't one any where else as they took the numbers of copies sold worldwide ie each of these games even gran turismo 3 have sold more than 1 million copies worldwide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.