GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I would like to hear some ideas for WWF games on next generation consoles here please!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 19:02
Regular
Obviously, playing across the Internet. Maybe create your own superstar and make a competition to play across the Internet to see who's superstar is best? I can't think of any new game options (like more talking with other wrestlers on the game for instance, but I expect WWF:Smackdown 2 or No Mercy will have that option). Anyone have any more ideas???
Sun 10/09/00 at 19:31
Royal Rumble rules
Sun 10/09/00 at 19:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sorry, Fanatsy Meister, you're right. Yeah, your management idea sounds pretty cool.
Sun 10/09/00 at 12:10
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I HATED Royal Rumble on the Dreamcast, which is a shame really cause I am WWF mark.

Now Giant Gram 2000 on the other hand is the BEST wrestler I've ever played.

Bleeders....who's all partied out
Sat 09/09/00 at 17:23
All of these are good but come on you cant tell me you dont like smacking the rock round the face with a chair oohhhhhhhhhhh by the way but royal rumble on the dreamcast ive got it on omport and it is wicked
Sat 09/09/00 at 16:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
We all like different genres, Ant, and yes, it is hard to understand why some people prefer some types of game over others. For me, WWF doesn't offer the mental challenges that some RPG's do, I'm not saying that if you play WWF you are thick or anything, don't get me wrong, it's just that I prefer games that make you think a lot about what you are going to do next. WWF is so fast paced that you sometimes don't have time to think and end up button whacking to try to pull of combinations, not my bag at all I'm afraid. I admit to not being very good at beat 'em ups of that type, purely because I just don't have the digital dexterity that the genre requires.

How about a WWF management sim where RPG elements are included, with a bit of warming up on the tennis court before each bout?
Sat 09/09/00 at 16:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
I wouldn't buy FF8 instead of WWF games for many reasons. One is because I don't like RPGs, another is that they are completely different as WWF is great and I love the characters and arenas and Pay-Per-Views and EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!! And I think WWF is great at the moment but the games could be improved. I know some people don't like WWF such as you, my parents, and a few other people, but I just can't see why!!!!
Fri 08/09/00 at 20:03
Regular
Yep, WWF definately needs more characters, more moves, more options, more arenas, more weapons, more items, less clothing, more AI, more everything really. Why not just go and buy Final Fantasy 8?
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:54
Here's one for the Gamecube!

Mario Professional Wrestling!

The ring is set in the dungeons of Bowsers castle!

Characters:

Heavyweights- Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Juniour, Bowser
Lightweights- Luigi, Toad, Princess Toadstool (In a leather catsuit)
Midweights- Mario, Wario, Koopa trooper
Special- Pikachu, Link, Samus

Special moves:

Donkey Kong and Junior: Bodyslam! They're so heavy they'll knock you flying!
Bowser and Koopa Trooper: Cool Crush! They could roll around on their shells til everyone falls over and then jump on them and crush 'em with their shells!
Mario and Luigi: HIGH Jump! They jump up so high and so fast that you don't know where they are til they land on your head and knock you out!
Princess Toadstool: Dance of the 7 veils! (Sorry I know this is a bit sexist!) This will parylise the opponent as they watch her take off all her clothes. She can then better the hell out of them!

The referee could be Toad and the camera man could be Lakitu! You could win extra characters to battle with and mayby even different battle settings!

Even though I'm not a big fan of Wrestling I would definitely by this!
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:34
Regular
My idea for improvements for WWF games on the next generation consoles is not to have any at all. The world would be a much better place for gamers without them, but that is only my humble opinion, please don't take it too much to heart.
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:12
WWF is a brilliant game on the DReamcast and looks increadible get it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.