GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/02 at 20:18
Regular
Who has got Max Payne?
I got it today and its ok. not brillant but still good.

anyway im stuck on that level where the bomb goes off and the rooms on fire. Where do I go and what do I do?
Sat 12/01/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Who has got Max Payne?
I got it today and its ok. not brillant but still good.

anyway im stuck on that level where the bomb goes off and the rooms on fire. Where do I go and what do I do?
Sat 12/01/02 at 20:47
Regular
I'm waiting for the xbox version as its superior in every way to this one.
Sat 12/01/02 at 21:25
When this level first starts your looking at a shelf and some gas tanks. Just side step to your right a little and shoot the tanks. One of the tops of the tanks should come back and bust the door down.

I have this game and it's okay but it didn't live up to all the hype. I have played alot better shooters. The controls also drive me crazy.
Sat 12/01/02 at 21:37
I just got this game, personally I think its pretty damn fine. Controls took a bit of getting used to, but after that it was just pure fun! I like the way the story's unfolding, I like the level design, I like its stylie slow mo thing.... the only "problems" I can see are A) Its got nothing new on the PS2 version, but thats ok bcause I never played it on PC. B) Lots of loading between chapters, but loading doesn't really bother me, never has (within reason, damn ZX Spectrum + 2)
Sat 12/01/02 at 21:39
I have it but it on pc but it jerks at crucial times in the game it really annoys me
Sat 12/01/02 at 21:42
Regular
"Tag as above"
I completed this on the PC, its a fine game, i had no problems with it jerking.

As for that exploding restaurant, ha thats a tough one, just keep running.
Sun 13/01/02 at 04:52
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
ah i hate that hotel exploding level with it all on fire. when you enter the kitchen a gas canister will fly at you best thing to do is before you turn the corner go into slow mo this will make it `p**s easy to dodge.

a great game i had it on PC didn't fancy it on PS2 as i prefere the mouse/keyboard combo

i love the ending to but won't spoil it for you
Sun 13/01/02 at 15:48
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
straight after my original post I managed to do the bit.
Im now on the flash back bit which is the most annoying thing I have ever seen in a game. I got passed the never ending corridors but am now on the trail of blood.

Its so annoying, and the baby crying doesnt make it any easier.

help me!
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:05
Yea that level is so annoying
Sun 13/01/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
How do you do it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.